German Blue Ram- Clear/ White Stringy Feces

Kaleidoscope_Eyes83

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Can clear/ white stringy poop from a newly added fish be due to the stress of moving to a new tank? Or is it always parasites?

I got a German Blue Ram yesterday. Yesterday he had normal brownish colored feces, but today I noticed a long clear/ white string of feces trailing him. He also is breathing somewhat rapidly, which I noticed while he was still in the bag. I'm not sure if he was breathing rapidly at the store. From my research it seems that this may be common with Blue Rams?

I acclimated him for 45 minutes, lights off adding tank water to his bag every 15 minutes. Then netted him out of bag and into my tank.

He's acting normal and getting along well with the community: Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami, 5 Harlequin Rasbora, 2 Ghost Shrimp.

Tank: 20 Gallon tall tank, heated, planted, bubbler.

Ph: 8
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm
Temp: 78°- and I think I'll slowly adjust up to 80° for the Ram

Attachments

Kaleidoscope_Eyes83

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TLOP said:
Usually clear stringy feces is a sign of internal parasites. Prazi Pro is a good dewormer.
I just found my Ram dead at the bottom of the tank! Thank you for the heads up on the Prazi Pro. I guess I'd better get some tomorrow and start dosing my tank in case the other inhabitants were infected.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom