German blue ram and peacock gudgeon?

CoolCoryCatz
I currently have a 20 gallon long with 6 julii corys and a peacock gudgeon. Would it be okay to get a german blue ram? The peacock gudgeon utilizes the tank’s hiding spots pretty often and isn’t aggressive and the Julii corys could care less about anything going on. I can post a photo of my tank if that would help. I’m willing to take no for an answer so I’m not just gonna disregard any advice you guys give me! Thanks :)

Dunk2
I’ve never kept julii corys or peacocks, but I do keep GBRs.

To answer your question, I’d say no. . . The temperature I’d suggest keeping Rams at (82+) would probably be too warm for the corys.

What temperature are you keeping your tank at now?

AggressiveAquatics
I’d also say no because of temp. For julii corys you want your tank to be 80 at the absolute highest but even with that it can cause some issues. And like mentioned German Blue rams like 82+

Coradee
Hi, C.trilineatus, which is what you most likely have btw, prefer cooler temperatures the high 70’s low 80’s would be way too warm for them.
If you really want a ram then I’d suggest rehoming the trilineatus & swapping them for C.sterbai as they can handle the higher temperatures much better.

CoolCoryCatz
Dunk2 said:
I’ve never kept julii corys or peacocks, but I do keep GBRs.

To answer your question, I’d say no. . . The temperature I’d suggest keeping Rams at (82+) would probably be too warm for the corys.

What temperature are you keeping your tank at now?
It’s at 74°-76° right now so I’d say you’re absolutely right!
Coradee said:
Hi, C.trilineatus, which is what you most likely have btw, prefer cooler temperatures the high 70’s low 80’s would be way too warm for them.
If you really want a ram then I’d suggest rehoming the trilineatus & swapping them for C.sterbai as they can handle the higher temperatures much better.
Aw man that’s too bad! I’ve wanted the False Julii Cory forever so I think I’ll hold onto them. Maybe I’ll have to start a new tank just for a ram lol! Thanks for the answer!

Dunk2
CoolCoryCatz said:
It’s at 74°-76° right now so I’d say you’re absolutely right!

Aw man that’s too bad! I’ve wanted the False Julii Cory forever so I think I’ll hold onto them. Maybe I’ll have to start a new tank just for a ram lol! Thanks for the answer!
In my experience, Rams do best in a Ram only tank.

In addition to their temperature requirement, they are very slow eaters and can be outcompeted for food by their roommates.

So start tank shopping. ;)

Jack B Nimble
I have rams and peacocks in same tank and alway 78. They are fine and rams do tend to chase peacocks. But rams get bitter with anyone..

StarGirl
Jack B Nimble said:
I have rams and peacocks in same tank and alway 78. They are fine and rams do tend to chase peacocks. But rams get bitter with anyone..
Probably cranky because they are cold.

Top Bottom