Georgia Aquarium - tons of pics

Oil_Fan
And I mean lots!! 43 to be exact. And that was from the 160 pictures that I took. My mother is in town visiting so we took her to the aquarium along with my wife and son. Anyways...enjoy!!

This is the entrance to the main tank area. This Saltwater tank is over 6 million gallons!!

84.jpg

85.jpg

One of the whale sharks.

86.jpg

Sawtooth shark.

87.jpg

88.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

Oil_Fan
More pics:

93.jpg

No idea what this one is.

94.jpg

A ray.

95.jpg

My son!!

96.jpg

Gators!

97.jpg

98.jpg

99.jpg

Catfish.

100.jpg

This is the fish that is the mascot of of the Georgia Aquarium. Deepo.

101.jpg

Beluga whale.

102.jpg

Oil_Fan
Smile!

103.jpg

Japanese spider crabs.

104.jpg

105.jpg

A starfish. I wasn't suppose to use the flash but didn't see the sign until after I took the pic.

106.jpg

Can't remember what these are. I just know that I thought they were cool looking.

107.jpg

Penguins.

108.jpg

More Saltwater fishies!

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

Butterfly fish!

112.jpg

Oil_Fan
Some sort of shark.

113.jpg

Jelly fish.

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

Lunch!

121.jpg

Oil_Fan
Dorie!!

122.jpg

Getting good pics here was kinda of tough. The acrylic barrier was like 2 feet thick and reflected light big time.

123.jpg

124.jpg

This is a tank right by the gift shop.

125.jpg

126.jpg

Told ya it was a lot of pictures!! I hope everyone enjoyed them!

MissMTS
Oh my gost those are beautiful pictures! You are lucky that you have such an incredible aquarium close to you. Based on your pics, I have officially decided that I want to get a pet Baluga Whale

Angela_96
I love the pics!! I have been wanting to go to the GA aquarium since I saw what all they had, including african cichlids...

COBettaCouple
Great pics!!

Darlene
I love the pictures...thanks for sharing.

Lucy
Nice pics! How many did you bring home?
Thanks for sharing them.

Oil_Fan
Nice pics! How many did you bring home?
Thanks for sharing them.

I so wish I could. They have some stunningly beautiful fish there!!

Martinismommy
Awesome pictures! What a blast that must have been....

StarGirl
Husband says we can go to the Aquarium should I go?

BigManAquatics
YES!!!!

Skrabbitskrabbit
Yes I’m trying to go with my family soon (never been) !

Ouse
Why not?

Alejandro
Don't know Georgia aquarium but there are some sensational aquariums in the world - maybe we should have a thread with best aquariums and photos - it seems we have people here from all over

JollyOtter
Definitely go. It is a very nice aquarium.

AggressiveAquatics
I’ve been there before when visiting. It’s really nice. And if you have a chance world of coke is also cool

Kribensis27
You should totally go. I've never been there, but I've always wanted to see it.

Laurosaur
It’s a lovely aquarium. You can also dive or snorkel in their whale shark tank for extra $$$.

VioletKeepsFish
Georgia aquarium is dope! They have a tank with some saltwater cleaner shrimp that you can stick your hand in and have the shrimp crawl on you. Definitely my favorite part.

chromedome52
The Georgia Aquarium is world class, with animals on display that are found in only a very few others worldwide. If you want a preview, watch The Aquarium on Animal Planet. I would still like to go there, with a stop in Chattanooga Tennessee at the Aquarium of the Americas.

StarGirl
We go through there every year on the way to and from Florida. I'll check things out more for next time. You had to buy time slot tickets on line etc. The earliest tickets were 2:30. We skipped it for this trip.

ZeldaNerd
The Georgia Aquarium is GORGEOUS!! I am almost 75% sure (I haven't been there in years because we don't live near there) but I believe they're the only aquarium in the world to have whale sharks, which were breathtaking <3

Donthemon
Love the television show. Looks really cool !

StarGirl
The Georgia Aquarium is GORGEOUS!! I am almost 75% sure (I haven't been there in years because we don't live near there) but I believe they're the only aquarium in the world to have whale sharks, which were breathtaking <3
I believe there are a few in China that are bigger now that house the whale sharks. It is the only 1 in the western world. I will look more into it so we can plan better.

QCAquaholic
I found it to be quite underwhelming. Drive up I75 to Chattanooga and hit up that aquarium.

Kathylee
Husband says we can go to the Aquarium should I go?
If you do go; post us some photos! I visited the Boston Aquarium when I was 7 years old- so 20 years ago & it left a lasting impression, i'd like to revisit with my daughter one day.

MySquishy
I believe I’ve been there as a small child—it’s said to be really good. I’d love to go now when I can remember it!

Zeeth29
I found it to be quite underwhelming. Drive up I75 to Chattanooga and hit up that aquarium.
Really? What made it so underwhelming?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sabra
Replies
Views
audioscience10
Replies
Views
Aquarist
Replies