Geo/Ram/Angel tank (125 gallon)

heatherbeehappy

I snagged a new 125 gallon and FX4 on Black Friday. Once I get it running and cycled I’d like to do a tank with redhead geophagus, Bolivian rams, diamond tetras, and angelfish. My question is, how many of each do you think I should put in? I already have 4 Bolivian rams (unfortunately 3 males and one female despite our best efforts to sex them as juveniles at the store). I’d kinda like to add a couple, especially if I could successfully get females. I also already have 13 diamond tetras. If possible I’d like to put my single electric blue acara in as well - she’s pretty peaceful and is already in my existing tank with my rams and tetras.
I know the geos and rams will all stay at the bottom and compete for territory. I plan to have plenty of plants/driftwood/rocks to create some spots to hang. If I have to keep them in separate tanks I will but I’ve read other people keep them together successfully so I’d kinda like to try it.

TClare

Sounds good! You have the advantage of being able to move things to another tank if anything doesn’t work so I think you can maybe get a couple more rams and put the acara in there as well. I am not very confident about stocking numbers but probably something like 6 or 7 angels and 5-6 goes should be fine. You will probably need to use plants that can be attached to the wood or rocks, or plant them in pots so that they cannot be dug up by the geophagus.

heatherbeehappy

Thank you for the reply! I’ve been wanting geos for so long. I cannot wait to finally get some.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
carsonsgjs
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigBeardDaHuZi
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question