Genes?

Element

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi! I just have a question about breeding Bettas. I've read most of the threads about breeding Bettas. I have had no answer for my question.

If a red male and a red female are bred, their fry's would be just color reds or will there be color variations? I've seen color white Bettas and I find them simple but very elegant. I want to have one!

How about with their tails?

Thanks!

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Element. Whatever colour the parents are, say if they're both red, that will be the main colour of the fry, although there might be a few varients, depending on the parents heritage. I'm pretty sure Red is the dominant colour as well, say if you've a Red Male and Blue female, most of the fry will be red. As for the tails, Veiltail is the dominant strain, I'm not sure about the others.

Element

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks again Nick Goody!

Another question. Is there a maturity requirement before they'll be considered as Breeders?

Deeps

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yes.. they are best to breed between 3 months to 9 months... less than 3 months is too young for them and arent sure what to do when they have a female... :p
and greater than 9 months.... they might be old, that they might not spawn well....
We have some very good breeders here, who might correct me if I was wrong..

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads