Generic treatment after white ich?

• Thread starter Riccardo1976
  • Start date

Riccardo1976

Hi i am treating my fish for white ich with a specific medicine.
I was wondering if after this treatment I should then medicate the fish with a broad spectrum anti bacterial-fungal
treatment to prevent secondary infections.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

TremayneBC

To be honest, what normally worked for me was to reduce the light cycle,feeding and adding some aquarium safe rock salt (if your fish can handle)...I did this for about a week and a half after treatment and my fish have never been happier . Hope your little guys get healthy ☺

Riccardo1976

I have cories so not sure salt would be the best solution.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Only use meds when there is an actual infection. Clean water and maybe Indian Almond leaves will do.

TremayneBC

Yes, this was after white spot ich. Maybe try a bit of fresh garlic. You can add some to the tank (make sure to change daily as it does foul once the essential oils seep out) you can google garlic for ICH/general fish health. I've added it to my chiclid/livebearer and even the catfish tank. It's really a wonder addition to the aquarium. This is just based on what worked for me. I have actually treated ICH before with only salt,raising the temp and minimise light with great success... Just remember that ich is mainly inside the fish. So keep an eye on them

Riccardo1976

I was thinking the fish will have sores once the white spots have fallen?
That is why I was thinking to add a second treatment.

TremayneBC

Riccardo1976 said:
I was thinking the fish will have sores once the white spots have fallen?
That is why I was thinking to add a second treatment.
The white spot is actually created by the fishes immune system...(kinda like a scab) once it falls off, it drops and becomes free swimming .....

Top Bottom