Generic Sponge Filter On Aqadvisor Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by jennalynnj, Jun 25, 2019.

1. jennalynnjValued MemberMember

I have a cheap sponge filter (aquaneat) and it is not in the list of filters on aqadvisor. So I am wondering what an equivalent might be that I can plug in there or if anyone has experience with other stocking calculators. They also don't have an option for just a regular 5g aquarium..
    I am mostly trying to play around with the numbers to see how many mts I can allow in with my betta before I need to start intervening, so also any advice on that and maybe I don't need aqadvisor.

2. e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

The stocking calculators are really rubbish to begin with so I wouldn't worry about it. Amount of snails really depends on your filtration and amount of food in the tank to support them. I wouldn't let it get too over run.

3. FeohwWell Known MemberMember

You don't have to use the predetermined options. If your filter isn't there you can just select "user defined" and select the size tank that filter is rated for. If its for a 10 gallon just type 10 into the box beside the "user defined". You also don't have to use the predetermined tank sizes. If your tank size isn't there, just type your dimensions into length, height and width boxes.

With that said, I don't use aqadvisor as my deciding factor. I will play around with it a bit to see where it says I am stock and filter wise. But it definitely shouldn't be the final factor when it comes to stock imo. I wouldn't trust it to be accurate enough to tell me whats right and I've definitely seen things on it I don't agree with.