gender confused guppy? haha...

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have a i think female...she's fat (definetly pregnant!) but she has all the colors of a male..is this possible?
and her analfin things make her a girl to...and her back like fan fin thing is bigger than all my males...is she just unique?

and is there any way to speed the process of a guppy giving birth: i've heard of putting the water temperature up slightlt..yes/no? anything else?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes she can have pretty fins and be a female also
Raising the temp may cause her to give birth sooner but it will raise her metabolism also and cause her to age faster.
Carol

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i know this is an ABSOLUTE horrible picture!!
27.jpg

but you can see her stomach&the gravid spot..so then that would mean she's pregnant right?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would think so if you can see a gravid spot
Carol

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey Tamara,

From its appearance, the guppy looks like a male. A better picture would clarify things to us.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The shape and figure seems to tell me that it is a female, but those colors seems to be of a males.

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
Stradius011 said:
The shape and figure seems to tell me that it is a female, but those colors seems to be of a males.
exactly my point. it's soo confusing!!! but kind of funny at the same time: maybe it's a transexuel fish?

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
How old is your fish?? I have found that my fish that are young look like a female and the at 2-3 months start looking like the males that they are. My guppies all staarted looking like females until the godonium developed and now over half of them are males. so if you have a younger fish it might be a male but just not fully developed yet.

Heidi

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i bought it from big als...so i don't know...maybe 6 months to a year old?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom