Geminid Meteor Shower

Discussion in 'Misc. Photos' started by Slug, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Slug

SlugWell Known MemberMember

Here are two of my photos from tonight. I was really surprised. Usually here in Columbia SC we don't get very dark skies but tonight was dark and clear. Perfect sky watching weather in the backyard.

This one lined up perfect for me

This one was THE best meteors I've EVER seen. It was like someone shot a flare off in the sky.....except it was traveling a lot faster and glowing brighter. Huge fireball and burned a long time, to bad I missed the start of it. Went from blue to orange then gone. Like a scene from a movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

So... I will start this lass... how do you still have leaves on your trees? Ours are all gone here in Illinois xD

Okay so besides that i love the pics and how fast the camera had to be to actually get the pics! Job well done!

3. OP
    OP
    Slug

Thanks. Most of those are pines, keep their leaves year round. However, I don't think we've dipped below freezing yet this year. Its still quite warm in the day, I usually wear shorts and tshirts all the way through christmas lol.....I hate it. Want snow plz.

4. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Love the pics Matt! We are suppose to be able to see them at 3am here in central Arkansas.
    carol

5. OP
    OP
    Slug

Thanks Carol. It was a pretty good show here. I'm sure we missed a lot of them due to light pollution but there were some really really good ones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice