Gel Foods, How To Make And Where To Get Gelatin, And Why So Much?

Frisbee

First question, I am setting up a whisky barrel minI lily pond thing, when I do finally get it all set up (which it is being delayed due to they greenhouse collapsing) I would be interested in getting fish for it (which I absolutely adore goldfish, so most likely some kind of goldfish if I can get a container big enough).I also have a betta which would probably enjoy some meaty gel food. So basically to sum it up cause I don't want to give you guys to many details, I'm interested in gel foods. First of all I am looking for a cheap place to buy beef gelatin (or some other kind of geletin good for fish food) because I'm on a very low budget for my fish tank and I'm also looking for good recipes for gel foods comprised of around the house foods (like veggies, maybe freeze dried bloodworms, I might be able to get my hands on some fish, etc...) I'm looking for a good goldfish gel food recipe and a good betta food recipe.

P.S. also, does anyone know why they make fish food containers so big and hold so much food? I searched and bought the smallest container of betta food I could find and its like enough to last like 2 betta life times (very plump bettas too).

Coradee

Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
YellowFish13
Replies
Views
addicted_ind