Gbr With White Spot On Fin

vinsgirl

I have a gbr female which has a white spot on her fin. It is not white spot disease as I treated for that with heat treatment and its still there. Also it's been there for about 4 weeks now. It's not getting bigger, it's not spreading to the other fish. It's not going away. I also treated her with general aid but still it's. My water parameters is good. All my fish including discus and more female gbr is doing great. Anyone has any idea what this can be and how to treat it? I am trying to get a pic of it, but she won't keep still. They all come out blurry

BlackGhostKnife

Hmmm... I would say that it might be fin rot or ick, but if you already tried medicating her and nothing than that's weird... I have a rosaline shark with a bit of white on his nose, and he's had it for atleast a year by now, but he's healthy and everything is fine. I assume it might be the same thing? I stopped worrying since he is eating, shows vibrant colors and is very active. If you see unusual behaviour by your GBR, I would get concerned again however if she's had it for a month now and she it still healthy otherwise, I would not worry too much. Maybe someone has experienced this and has found a way to get rid of it though, and hopefully they can help you out!

vinsgirl

Definitely not fin rot as her fins in good condition. I was wondering if it not some parasite stuck to her. Pretty sure it not white spot either as it's not getting worse and still there after heat treatment. As she lives with my discus the water is at 84 all time

BlackGhostKnife

I'm not too sure then... This is the worst part about fish. Unlike other pets, you can't bring them in to get checked and often it can be nearly impossible for a fishkeeper to determine what the cause of illness is. If she is eating properly and swimming like always (and the white spot isn't growing) then I wouldn't worry as much but keep checking on her. You could get medications for certain parasites, but this could just stress the fish out more if she does not actually have any parasites. But from what you've said, I would just keep a careful eye on her. Like I said, one of my rosaline sharks has had a white spot on them for a long time and he's always been healthy. Anyways, this is all the help I can really offer, maybe someone will have better knowledge of what it may be. Good luck with your fish, may she live happily and healthily!

vinsgirl

I must admit she doesn't seem like it worries her at all. She always hungry and eating like a hog

@cindyl maybe u can shed some light

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
IcedColdMine
Replies
Views
Melpomenem13
Replies
Views
Jaredmaz
Replies