GBR suggestions... 8.0 pH??

1. Micaela13

Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

I'm still looking for a pair to put in my 40 tall, and was thinking maybe a pair of these guys??
    I know they are very sensitive and that they can be a hit or miss but I'm curious on your guy's input. As it says I have a high pH, it is very stable tho, never moves. And my tank is very stable and has been cycled for about 8 months. I'm curious, will these guys work in my tank, I don't have experience with them. ??? Also I have an adult angel, 5 harliquin rasbora (going to be 10) and a BN pleco in this tank. Thanks guys!!

2. Jakoba

Jakoba Well Known Member Member

pH wise I think you will be okay. I keep GBR's in a 8.2pH tank and I haven't had any problems, though as you stated they are kind of hit and miss. I know of people who keep rams in "perfect" water conditions and can't seem to keep them longer than a week, and others who have had great success in less than pristine conditions.

I'm not really sure about compatibility. I don't have any experience with Angels or Rasboras so hopefully someone who does can chime in and give their opinion.

3. OP
    OP
    Micaela13

Thanks!! It's great to hear that you have had good luck with them in a high pH. Thats good news :) and yea hopefully I can just find some hardy ones.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. OP
    OP
    Micaela13

Bump. Anyone else??

5. Linda4088

Linda4088 Valued Member Member

I researched because I want angels and Rams also. Everything I read said that both of these fish are very compatible with each other.

6. OP
    OP
    Micaela13

Yea I've read that to :) thanks!