55 Gallon Tank GBR Separation Importance

Haydeno

In my pretty short time in keeping German blue rams, and black rams, I’ve really started to believe that it’s pretty crucial to be able to separate injured rams when possible. I bought 4 black rams for my 55 gallon long and they were growing really healthy and developing fast. Usually in the dominance fights it’s mostly displays and the small quarrels before they see who’s stronger but on the occasion that one gets hurt, it seemed to result into a snowball where there’s bullying and it eventually dies. Also seems to happen worse either when recently added to the tank or when they grow up together. I think the growing or getting healthier from the fish store causes the tank boss to swap overtime is what the biggest issue is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 19

BigManAquatics

It is pretty important with most fish, really, getting the injured fish out of there, but seems especially so with cichlids.

DuaneV

I mean, theyre Cichlids. Cichlids are known as being aggressive in general. I think people get GBRs because theyre super pretty and small thinking theyre not aggressive. Ive had males kill females, females kill males, etc. They can be very aggressive.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dunk2
Replies
Views
Mhamilton0911
Replies
Views
Fishstery
Replies
Views