Gbr not eating

1. r

reds Valued Member Member

Hello everyone! My friend got me a gbr for a birthday present yesterday. He ate the tetra flakes yesterday but refused to eat them this morning. When I went to the lfs yesterday one of the staff said that the tetra flakes are great for them. My question is what food should I buy for the little guy? Also I have a few rock caves and small plants, what else do gbr like in there aquarium?

2. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

3. OP
    OP
    r

He just ate the freeze dried blood worms that I had for my Betta.

I forgot to mention that he/she has been spending a lot of time at the bottom of the tank. Could this be because he's new to the aquarium and getting used to the surroundings? He swims fine just doesn't go past half way up the tank. This is the first ram I've had so I'm nervous checking the tank every 5 minutes to see how he is doing. I ran out of liquid for my master test kit. I could only check for ammonia and it read at 0.25.

4. Cef

Cef Valued Member Member

They are mid to bottom dwellers, so that is normal, my two rams roam the bottom of the tank and return to their cave.

5. OP
    OP
    r

OK thanks that makes sense I have made a few rock caves and he/she loves them. I worried for no reason. This site is the best you guys have helped me so much.