GBR free swimming question

SurvivalOfTheFishiest1

It seems that every time I allowed my GBRs to raise the fry, the fry disappeared. I got a Ziss breeder box and have kept 8 alive for 3 weeks now.
Welp, they have spawned again, and I moved all but 4 of the Cardinals out of the tank. Is 4 too many dither fish for them? Is 4 too few? They seem to be on the constant fight to keep the cardinals away from the free swimmers. but seem so stressed.
I also have a hillstream loach who is nearby, but neither the loach nor the GBRs are bothered by each other.

Any advice would be appreciated!

LowConductivity

4 in and of itself probably isn't a catastrophic number of dither fish.... cardinal tetras on the other hand are probably the worst dither fish imaginable. They are spectacular predators of fry. If I were a ram trying to raise a family with cardinals present, I'd probably eat the kids too. Better I do it than provide all that valuable nutrition to the tetras

SurvivalOfTheFishiest1

4 in and of itself probably isn't a catastrophic number of dither fish.... cardinal tetras on the other hand are probably the worst dither fish imaginable. They are spectacular predators of fry. If I were a ram trying to raise a family with cardinals present, I'd probably eat the kids too. Better I do it than provide all that valuable nutrition to the tetra
Thank you for the input! I will try to catch them without causing a commotion and get them outta there!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Deku-Cory
Replies
Views
BakaRikki
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
  • Question
Replies