Gary Lange

Discussion in 'Rainbowfish' started by Bigfella, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Bigfella

Bigfella Valued Member Member

Does anyone know where to get Gary Lange Bosmani Rainbows from? Their colors are so much deeper than anything I've found in my LFS or anywhere else for that matter. I've checked aquabid and no luck so far.

2. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Of course they aren't going to be colorful from your lfs, they need time to color up and food to promote that. They also need to have good lines to insure good color. They normally don't have good strong color until they mature or get closer to maturing.

3. OP
    OP
    Bigfella

Bigfella Valued Member Member

Sorry, I knew I should have waited until today to post that, I mean the ones in their display tank. The owner said he got them from the same supplier that he buys the ones he sells, so I was hoping to get some that are a little higher quality than that. I know that diet and water conditions also effect coloration, my school of rainbows that I currently have has reached maturity and are amazing. I keep an eye on aquabid, but was wondering if anyone knew of any other website where you could get high quality Bosmani's.

4. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

there are several sites you can try, I believe Wetspottropical has them (I do not know their quality, mine are ranging from Mike on aquabid, who i don't think is listing them anymore to sunpet or other random pet store suppliers). My females have a rich green tint to them, my males range from barely orange to richer orange (the dominant male is boldest colored).

5. RobM

RobM Valued Member Member

Eric Bodrock (Alloddballaquatics on Aquabid) has M. boesemani Lake Aytinjo that originally came from Gary. He doesn't have any currently listed but should have more coming up. These are great looking fish and I was able to see his breeders in person.

Older listing,  

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice