Garlic feedings

1. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Just wondering, could i give my betta chopped garlic (tiny pieces) instead of feeding flakes with garlic juice? its just i dont have access to garlic juice so maybe i could squeeze the juice out of it? how could i do it? any advice? thanks!
    :;hi1

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

I recall a few posts where members said it was okay to feed the little chunks - but no guarantees a picky eater will eat it. :rolleyes:

Maybe you could squish the little chunks between two spoons and soak the squished mess in a bit of water. I know they make garlic presses, but I think two spoons would work just as well. I'd use plastic ones so you don't have to worry about dish soap. :)

Sorry, I don't have much better ideas. Tell Clayton I said hello. :-*

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL the spoon idea is great! should i use tank water? probably... yup, i will squish garlic then LOL

we have some garlic powder that we use for seasoning our food... could i just add water to that? i know it sounds dumb :giggle:

clayton says hi back and thank you :D

4. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

??? I never thought about dried garlic flakes or garlic seasoning! Hmm, I guess read the ingredients to make sure it doesn't have anything else in it. If it's just garlic, it seems like it should work. I'd definitely wait for more advice on that, though. :;dk

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

The brand is McCormik

its called "Garlic Powder"

Ingredients: "Garlic Powder" <--- :giggle:

its pure garlic... :;dk

6. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

I use crushed garlic with a small amount of tank water to soak in. I tried minced garlic and crushing my own, but the fish wouldn't eat the pure garlic pieces. The crushed is so gooey that they seem to get it all.

If you get garlic power....by sure it is pure and only garlic.

7. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Its pure garlic alright. So i should mix it with some tank water and dip his food in it?

8. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Sounds like a plan! :)

9. Stonecrusher Initiate Member

100% pure garlic juice in a spray bottle (makes pretty good garlic toast, too) can be found at www.spicesetc.com.