Garden soil

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi everyone I recently dirted a tank and upon further inspection of the bag it says it's organic garden soil not potting mix(the bags look exactly alike). I assume it's alright since it's organic and it's by miracle gro but wanted to be sure.

Here's the tank

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When I tried to do that, my whole tank was pitch black. Good luck with yours.

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'd be interested to know how it goes! I almost bought that when I was looking for the potting mix myself. Ended up buying a completely different product because I couldn't get what I wanted but I've been wondering what would have happened!

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Aquaphobia said:
I'd be interested to know how it goes! I almost bought that when I was looking for the potting mix myself. Ended up buying a completely different product because I couldn't get what I wanted but I've been wondering what would have happened!
its weird i havent been able to find organic potting mix anywhere. the plants seem find it just looks like melt back from new parameters and such i guess ill have to wait to see if it really does affect anything.

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Post the results, I'd be interested! Maybe islanders aren't allowed to have Miracle Gro Potting Mix

(I'm on an island if my location doesn't show in the sidebar)

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Aquaphobia said:
Post the results, I'd be interested! Maybe islanders aren't allowed to have Miracle Gro Potting Mix

(I'm on an island if my location doesn't show in the sidebar)
lol where are you from? pros and cons to living on an island you have the most beautiful setting but so many restrictions to what you can have.

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

old car Scott

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've wondered about basic dirt as well, it seems like most natural rivers and lakes are made of it so I figured it'd be okay.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom