Gap

rcordova233
I know mystery snails need a lower water level, but how big should the gap be. I have mine at half an inch. I feel like anymore would be a large drop. I have a 29 gallon tank. Thanks

Advertisement
UniqueShark
Some people keep the water level an inch lower than the frame, then wrap some 2 inch wide electrical tape around the tank to hide the water level

Advertisement
rcordova233
Some people keep the water level an inch lower than the frame, then wrap some 2 inch wide electrical tape around the tank to hide the water level
Water level is lower than the fram right now.

Pringlethesnail
I do three to four fingers width down.

Pringlethesnail
And my first babies of the season hatched today

rcordova233
Alright I'll lower the water level when I do my water change

Advertisement

Bithimala
How many mysteries do you have and do you know their sexes? Water line needs to be lowered if they are breeding so the female has somewhere to lay eggs. Alternately, if you've got a lid on the tank, I've had mine be perfectly happy to just lay them on the underside of the lid.

rcordova233
How many mysteries do you have and do you know their sexes? Water line needs to be lowered if they are breeding so the female has somewhere to lay eggs. Alternately, if you've got a lid on the tank, I've had mine be perfectly happy to just lay them on the underside of the lid.
Got six mysterys. Dont know how to do sexes. Water line is 2 or 3 finger width down. Lid: yes. More precise measurements later

Bithimala
I think you should be fine like that.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ayeayeron
  • Question
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies