Game: Guess the fish - Page 4

AquaticQueen

BettasAreSuperior said:
Yes, sorry I just realized that I should be giving other people a chance. I am sorry. You can go next! SouthAmericanCichlids you can go next and after that whoever guesses the fish right will get the chance to put clues out and go next but SouthAmericanCichlids you are the first to go on the list whether you get it right or wrong!
Also, no, incorrect!

More clues:
1. It has a black stripe body with red fins and a tan-orange body.
2. They like quite hot temps again
3. they are clowns
Clown fish?

SouthAmericanCichlids

The fish I am thinking of...
1. likes a low ph
2. is from south America
3. is known to get fish tuberculosis

SouthAmericanCichlids

BettasAreSuperior said:
Hmmm.....I am thinking neon tetras
Nope. Nest hint: some variations of this fish are frowned upon.

SM1199

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
This makes me think bettas and guppies, but bettas are from Asia and guppies like high pH

BettasAreSuperior

hmmmm.....I can't guess this one. Idk why I am coming empty handed? lol..this is desperate but the emperor tetra?? (lol, I don't think it is emperor tetra but I can try??)
SM1199 said:
This makes me think bettas and guppies, but bettas are from Asia and guppies like high pH
ooo!! SM1199 I was going to ask:

Hi! I was wondering I saw a thread two years ago started by you. It was a very sick betta. Here is the link: Rescue Betta: Popeye, Fin Rot, Swim Bladder, Bloated | 363699 | Betta Fish
I was wondering did he make it? Is he alive today?

SouthAmericanCichlids

Nope. Next hint: It has 3 wild varieties, many non-wild varieties , but is usually classified under one general name.

At least, I am speaking over all, not just a specific color variation, because that is almost impossible without telling you, "Oh it is gold" or something like that.

AggressiveAquatics

It makes me think of hybrids and I know a lot of people frown upon flowerhorns but they’re actually awesome! So I think flowerhorns

jkkgron2

Skirt tetras?

Edit: if this is right then someone else can do the next one. I won’t be online much in the next few hours so I’d rather someone else gets to do it

SM1199

BettasAreSuperior said:
Hi! I was wondering I saw a thread two years ago started by you. It was a very sick betta. Here is the link: Rescue Betta: Popeye, Fin Rot, Swim Bladder, Bloated | 363699 | Betta Fish
I was wondering did he make it? Is he alive today?
I had him for another month or so after I made my last post on there. He had his good days and bad days. If I'm remembering correctly, his fins did improve, he got around to eating and swam a bit more upright for a while, though his buoyancy issues never corrected. Eventually he re-bloated and stopped eating without showing any signs of wanting to recover (surprisingly, never any pineconing) and I decided it would be most humane to euthanize him.

Sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread! Continue on! I'm still clueless about this answer.

Leilio

Nope. Next hint: It has 3 wild varieties, many non-wild varieties , but is usually classified under one general name.
Angelfish?

SouthAmericanCichlids

Nope, next hint: Named after a real person, and is considered a very delicate fish.

Btw: one variety of the fish likes not super hot water, but almost all like it hotter, I forgot about that variety. (Sorry, I'm not very good at this))

Leilio

Nope, next hint: Named after a real person, and is considered a very delicate fish.

Btw: one variety of the fish likes not super hot water, but almost all like it hotter, I forgot about that variety. (Sorry, I'm not very good at this))
discus

SnookusFish

Rams? And if so bolivian rams are not a varient, they are a different species

BettasAreSuperior

I agree with SnookusFish and Leilio . It's one of the two. (don't worry, I am not taking the credit if one of them get it right)

FinalFins

My guess is discus, and specifically Heckel discus, Symphysodon discus heckel, named after Jacob Heckel, an ichthyologist who discovered heckels.

The three (technically 4) 'wild' varieties are Greens, blues/browns, heckel, and red(could be lumped with browns) which then are further classified/described by collection point. The domestic varietes are the many different patterns you see on discus, but I beleive all are based off snakeskin or pidgenblood discus. Or possibly one more i am missing.

BettasAreSuperior

FinalFins said:
My guess is discus, and specifically Heckel discus, Symphysodon discus heckel, named after Jacob Heckel, an ichthyologist who discovered heckels.

The three (technically 4) 'wild' varieties are Greens, blues/browns, heckel, and red(could be lumped with browns) which then are further classified/described by collection point. The domestic varietes are the many different patterns you see on discus, but I beleive all are based off snakeskin or pidgenblood discus. Or possibly one more i am missing.
Oooo! Good one FinalFins I agree!

SouthAmericanCichlids

SnookusFish said:
Rams? And if so bolivian rams are not a varient, they are a different species
tRUE, YEAH i KNEW THAT, i JUST WORDED IT WEIRDLY. tHE WILD SPECIES ARE BLUE, BOLIVIAN, AND ELECTRIC BLUE RAM, SORRY.

Mandy627

I give birth to live young, I have a face that resembles a bird and that is a hint towards my name. I stay at the top of the tank, where I can jump and get bugs. I am not an ordinary fish you would find at petco.

SnookusFish

Mandy627 said:
I give birth to live young, I have a face that resembles a bird and that is a hint towards my name. I stay at the top of the tank, where I can jump and get bugs. I am not an ordinary fish you would find at petco.
Halfbeak

SouthAmericanCichlids

Mandy627 said:
Blood parrot, just a long shot.

Kribensis27

Mandy627 said:
Halfbeak?

Kribensis27

Yay!

FinalFins

AND ELECTRIC BLUE RAM, SORRY.
Electric blue rams are not a naturally occuring variant of Ramerizi...

SouthAmericanCichlids

FinalFins said:
Electric blue rams are not a naturally occuring variant of Ramerizi...
Then what is the third?

FinalFins

Then what is the third?
There is no third.

SouthAmericanCichlids

FinalFins said:
There is no third.
Oh, well I don't know where I got that from then.

BettasAreSuperior

SnookusFish said:
Okay! So, SnookusFish you can go now. (if you want)

SnookusFish

I am a tiny colourful schooling fish
My common name is spicy (thats a hint, its not actually spicy)
I am asian

BettasAreSuperior

SnookusFish said:
I am asian
Hmmm... is it some type of danio or Barb?

SnookusFish said:
I am asian
SnookusFish Hmmm... is it some type of danio or Barb?

SnookusFish

SouthAmericanCichlids

Chili rasbora?

BettasAreSuperior

SnookusFish said:
I see you put a like on this post of SouthAmericanCichlids ??

Does the like mean it's chili rasbora (if so I won't take the credit, don't worry) SnookusFish

Chili rasbora?
Is it correct?

SnookusFish

BettasAreSuperior said:
I see you put a like on this post of SouthAmericanCichlids ??

Does the like mean it's chili rasbora (if so I won't take the credit, don't worry) SnookusFish

Is it correct?
Yes!

BettasAreSuperior

SnookusFish said:
NIce!
Chili rasbora?
SouthAmericanCichlids You get to go next since you guessed right!! (if you want to)

SouthAmericanCichlids

BettasAreSuperior said:
NIce!

SouthAmericanCichlids You get to go next since you guessed right!! (if you want to)
Nah, I'm good, didn't do very well last time anyways lol.

FishGirl115

*bottom dweller
*very popular
*great clean up crew but is quite messy itself
*needs a large tank
*tons of varieties

BettasAreSuperior

Nah, I'm good, didn't do very well last time anyways lol.
Lol, it's fine! Don't worry. We don't hate you!
FishGirl115 said:
*bottom dweller
*very popular
*great clean up crew but is quite messy itself
*needs a large tank
*tons of varieties
Plecos!

FishGirl115

BettasAreSuperior said:
Yep! Good job. I was wondering if I made that one too easy, but oh well. I'll just have to try again

BettasAreSuperior

FishGirl115 said:
Yep! Good job. I was wondering if I made that one too easy, but oh well. I'll just have to try again
lol!Yes, that was too easy! Since that was too easy FishGirl115 you can go again (if you want)

FishGirl115

BettasAreSuperior said:
lol!Yes, that was too easy! Since that was too easy FishGirl115 you can go again (if you want)
Thanks
-From South America
-Can be aggressive, despite their name
-Get somewhat large
-Need large tanks
-Like warm temperatures
-Common/popular

SouthAmericanCichlids

FishGirl115 said:
Thanks
-From South America
-Can be aggressive, despite their name
-Get somewhat large
-Need large tanks
-Like warm temperatures
-Common/popular
Angelfish, got it after aggressive, sorry.

FishGirl115

Angelfish, got it after aggressive, sorry.
Wow... You people are smart...Or I'm just super bad at this... Was that super easy? Good job though
I'm going to bed, so I'll be back tmrw

Mouska

May I go?

BettasAreSuperior

FishGirl115 said:
Wow... You people are smart...Or I'm just super bad at this... Was that super easy? Good job though
I'm going to bed, so I'll be back tmrw
lol. Idk, I guess we are just feeling smart today??
Well, good night!

Mouska said:
May I go?
Yes! Sure. Go ahead.

Mouska

BettasAreSuperior said:
Yes! Sure. Go ahead.
Thanks!

This type of fish is in the genus cyprinids and has a suckermouth.
Most species are native to Asia.
It is an abused fish that is sometimes used in salons.

BettasAreSuperior

Mouska said:
Thanks!

This type of fish is in the genus cyprinids and has a suckermouth.
Most species are native to Asia.
It is an abused fish that is sometimes used in salons.
Hillstream loach?

Mouska

No, another hint, this fish is great at eating algae and you can see zig zagged lines from where it has eaten.
Another hint since a lot of fish do that. The most common species that has been kept was introduced the the hobby in 2005.

BettasAreSuperior

Mouska said:
No, another hint, this fish is great at eating algae and you can see zig zagged lines from where it has eaten.
Another hint since a lot of fish do that. The most common species that has been kept was introduced the the hobby in 2005.
Plecos?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom