Game: Guess the fish - Page 10

AcornTheBetta
Member
Empire gudgeon?
 
Kribensis27
Member
AcornTheBetta
Member
Kribensis27 said:
Yeah, your turn.
Yay!

Ok, this fish is from Africa and is a surface-dwelling fish.
 
AcornTheBetta
Member
Kribensis27 said:
African butterfly?
Dang! Did I really make it that obvious lol? Ur turn
 
Kribensis27
Member
AcornTheBetta said:
Dang! Did I really make it that obvious lol? Ur turn
No, I was just reading about them the other day lol.

Ok, here’s mine: Large, native to South America, can breathe air.
 
AcornTheBetta
Member
Kribensis27 said:
No, I was just reading about them the other day lol.

Ok, here’s mine: Large, native to South America, can breathe air.
Arapaima?
 
SouthAmericanCichlids
Member
Kribensis27 said:
No, I was just reading about them the other day lol.

Ok, here’s mine: Large, native to South America, can breathe air.
Archerfish?
 
Kribensis27
Member
AcornTheBetta
Member
Kribensis27 said:
Correct already.

Your turn!
Yay!

This fish is another African native that often dashes to the surface for air.
 
Kribensis27
Member
AcornTheBetta said:
Yay!

This fish is another African native that often dashes to the surface for air.
Uhhh, lungfish? Some sort of Ctenopoma (leaf fish)?
 
AcornTheBetta
Member
Kribensis27 said:
Uhhh, lungfish? Some sort of Ctenopoma (leaf fish)?
No....
 
Kribensis27
Member
AcornTheBetta said:
Rope fish? Heterotis niloticus? Senegal bichir?
 
AcornTheBetta
Member
Kribensis27
Member
AcornTheBetta said:
Yep
Ur turn
Yay, here’s mine.

Very long, native to South America. Very poor eyesight, and fairly slow moving. Not aggressive, but still very unpleasant if you startle it.
 
AcornTheBetta
Member
Kribensis27 said:
Yay, here’s mine.

Very long, native to South America. Very poor eyesight, and fairly slow moving. Not aggressive, but still very unpleasant if you startle it.
South American Lungfish (Lepidosiren paradox)?
 
Kribensis27
Member
AcornTheBetta said:
South American Lungfish (Lepidosiren paradox)?
Nope, but close.

Also, forgot to mention, it can breathe air.
 
veggieshark
Member
Electric eel
 
Kribensis27
Member
veggieshark
Member
This coldwater fish has a distinct breeding style.
 
SouthAmericanCichlids
Member
veggieshark
Member
veggieshark
Member
Unfortunately, no to all. The spawning activity of this fish involves another organism in addition to the breeding pair.
 
Kribensis27
Member
Golden shiner?
 
veggieshark
Member
No to golden shiner. The extra organism for breeding clue is a big one. The most typical "aquarium" version has a continent in the name, like African something, Asian something ...
 
Passionfish
Member
veggieshark said:
No to golden shiner. The extra organism for breeding clue is a big one. The most typical "aquarium" version has a continent in the name, like African something, Asian something ...
I've been thinking about this for like 30 minutes and all my empty brain can think about is african and asian elephants.
 
Kribensis27
Member
I still don’t know. Is it from the Americas or Europe/Asia/Africa/Australia?
 
veggieshark
Member
I know, I picked the two examples carefully to bias your brains. Ok, more clue. They use a mussel/clam when they breed.
 
Kribensis27
Member
veggieshark said:
I know, I picked the two examples carefully to bias your brains. Ok, more clue. They use a mussel/clam when they breed.
European bitterling?
 
AcornTheBetta
Member
veggieshark said:
I know, I picked the two examples carefully to bias your brains. Ok, more clue. They use a mussel/clam when they breed.
Bitterling
 
veggieshark
Member
Kribensis27
Member
veggieshark said:
Yay!
This is a brackish fish known for its eyes. It's native to the Americas. There is a more common species of this fish, but this one is also well known. This one is super obvious.
 
Passionfish
Member
Kribensis27 said:
Yay!
This is a brackish fish known for its eyes. It's native to the Americas. There is a more common species of this fish, but this one is also well known. This one is super obvious.
I literally don't know anything about brackish fish, so I'm just gonna have to wait until someone shows up who does know.
 
veggieshark
Member
anablep anableps
four eyed lievbearer
 
SouthAmericanCichlids
Member
veggieshark said:
anablep anableps
four eyed lievbearer
Yeah, Four eyed liveabearer?
 
veggieshark
Member
" There is a more common species of this fish, but this one is also well known"
This is a bit suspicious. Maybe we are expected to be more precise with our guesses. The more common must be the four-eye, a little less common might be Pacific foureye or largescale foureye.
 
Kribensis27
Member
veggieshark said:
" There is a more common species of this fish, but this one is also well known"
This is a bit suspicious. Maybe we are expected to be more precise with our guesses. The more common must be the four-eye, a little less common might be Pacific foureye or largescale foureye.
It’s the Pacific four eye. Your turn!
 
veggieshark
Member
Kribensis27 said:
It’s the Pacific four eye. Your turn!
Cool! Foureye would be my next question, what a coincidence.
OK, this pretty fish is used in scientific research.
 
Kribensis27
Member
veggieshark said:
Cool! Foureye would be my next question, what a coincidence.
OK, this pretty fish is used in scientific research.
Zebra danio?
 
veggieshark
Member
Kribensis27 said:
Zebra danio?
No.
More specifically, in aging research.
 
Kribensis27
Member
veggieshark said:
No.
More specifically, in aging research.
Some sort of killi?
 
veggieshark
Member
Kribensis27
Member
veggieshark
Member

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom