Galaxy Pleco Sick?

JChurch12

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I just did a 30-40% water change last night and just tested the water today.

This is the testing strips I use and here are my current readings:
Nitrate- 40-80 range
Nitrite- 0
Hardness- very hard
Chlorine- 0
Alkalinity- 0-40 range
pH- 6.2-6.8

Attachments

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can you answer my question about tank size and tank mates?

I would strongly consider investing in a liquid test kit. It's more accurate than the strips, it tests for ammonia, and it's cheaper per test. The API freshwater master kit is a good one.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You have stocking issues, if you'd like to discuss them.

Stress or aggression from your other fish could be issues, considering your stocking.

JChurch12

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I read threads about Fish and what tank mates to place with them. I like having a variety of temperaments and never had any issues with all 4 of my mixed tanks. Just know my water readings have been off recently and just want to know how to heal the sick Pleco. So anyone know any remedies or what treatments?
Thanks for the info and I appreciate the help

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm trying to help you heal the sick pleco. Improper stocking can really stress fish out, which can cause issues with disease (even if you don't see physical aggression, that doesn't mean that fish aren't stressed from bullying/overstocking).

"Off" water readings can also cause issues, which is why I asked for those as well.

I wouldn't throw meds at the problem without knowing what it is and what could treat it. Often, good water quality (lots of water changes) and proper stocking can fix a lot of issues.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom