GAH!!!

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
Eeeep!

How do I send a PM on this site?

I have been hunting around for a while trying to PM a Mod and I can find the button!

Please excuse my newbie behaviour....I'm sure it's really obvious and I'm just not seeing it :-[

Many thanks!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Top left of the screen next to the Home button there's a little triangle, click it two or three times and a message thing at the top of it should pop up, you can view and send messages there. Or you can click on the name of a moderator and look at their profile and at the bottom you can click a link that will let you PM that moderator. Welcome to fishlore

Austin

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
While you are still a newbie you are not allowed to send PM's until your statice goes up. If you need to contact a moderatot unless it is a personal matter, just write a message in the general topic area of the board

OP
S

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
Aha! So that's why I'm not seeing the PM option.....and there was me thinking I had gone completely mad!

Thank you for the welcome, Austin

The thing is, I'm not sure I should post up a new thread....the matter is delicate and I have no wish to upset anyone.

....Basically I have got a couple of PM's of an extremely adult nature, full of links and pictures(you catch my drift). I thought it should be reported asap, afterall there could be minors on or viewing this forum. :-\

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
If the pm is of an adult nature, it is known about, and because of that pm newbies are no longer allowed to send pm's.

OP
S

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I apologise for bringing the subject up again, I just saw it, was unaware it had been dealt with and freaked a little bit.

I should have checked the threads properly first....Newbie error, boy is my face red! :-[

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
with that type of incident it is better to error on the side of caution, then to ignore it this is a family site and we need to make sure that it stays G rated.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm so sorry you were subjected to this but if you ever have any problems with anything you are uncomfortable about please let us know. Chances are you won't be the only one who will have this problem.
Carol

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please forward any inappropriate PM's to me as soon as you get them.   

Stitsbabe - forward those messages to me please -> Mike

OP
S

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
Not to worry, Butterfly....I'm not of an overly sensitive nature. I assumed that others were likely to have been sent the same messages, My only concern was that some of your members may well be minors and would therefor require protecting from these depraved individuals, who spam peaceful family forums with messages of inappropriate content.

Mike, I gather from your moderating team and other members, that the messages I was sent were part of a spamming spree that took place earlier this month (I only just saw them last night). I have been assured that the matter and the member involved have been dealt with and therefor, I am unsure if you still require me to send you the messages.
Obviously I cannot forward them to you via PM, but I am willing to e-mail you the content if you wish.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
As soon as you become a Junior member you'll be able to send PMs. I think once you hit 25 posts, you'll become a Jr. member. Mike had to apply this new "security measure" because we do not want any similar incident to happen again, especially that some of our members are VERY young (someone recently said he/she was only 11). So you understand.

OP
S

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
I completely understand!

The implimentation of such measures, to me, clearly shows that this forum's Administartion and Moderation team have the online safety of it's members as a top priority....Who could possibly argue with a decision that helps to protect members(especially minors) from harm.

Not I! Said the fish....

OP
S

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
Isabella said:
By the way, Amanda ... you now have hit 25 posts.
Oooooh so I have! Woohoo! *waves goodbye to newbie lable*

OP
S

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
*waves back* YAY!

I do look forward to reading about your planned Saltwater nano tank....I always thought it was only feasable to have a large Saltwater aquarium, but if your nano proves to be a success, I may well be tempted to try one myself.
*eyes her empty tanks thoughtfully*

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya the trick is convincing dad though, gota get him in a good mood first, it's about the same amount cost whys just maybe less because the equipment isn't as big but smaller is not cheaper since you use same equipment just smaller size.

New Threads