Gah, I'm still painfully uncertain about what I want! Help! Opinions!?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by orangeclumsy1, Dec 20, 2012.

1. orangeclumsy1

orangeclumsy1 Valued Member Member

Okay, so I originally wanted a........

20 gal high
    with
    4 cardinals
    4 neons
    5 or so corys
    My betta
    10 ghost shrimp
    And one mystery snail.

I quickly changed my mind because A) my LFS doesn't carry cardinals, B) corys need schools, C) ghost shrimp are bullies, and D) I fell in love with RCS/Orange pumpkin shrimp. So I came up with.....

20 gal long
    with
    School of neons (6)
    School of corys (6) [Panda?]
    Steve
    Cherry shrimp (5ish perhaps?)
    A Mystery snail (After a month or so)
    And a school of some other kind of tetra.

But I changed my mind after this one because A) I need more shrimp to establish a good breeding colony, and B) the 20 long wasn't big enough for a second school of tetras. So THEN I got this.....

29 Gallons
    8 neons
    8 harlequin rasboras
    6 cherry shrimp
    Steve (betta)
    3 albino corys & 3 bronze corys
    1 Snail after about a month or so of algae growth. (Mystery snail?)

I'm just so conflicted! I then changed my mind to a 20 long livebearer community but I don't know what that was all about. :/ I don't want them any more. Please post all your stocking ideas for a 20-29 gallon tank! If they include a betta, that's great, but not necessary. :) I'm planning on actually getting a 10 gallon and dividing it and getting another betta for it at some point. Sigh. Please post ideas! And different centerpiece fish as well. The plans MUST include RCS or orange pumpkin shrimp, I really like them. :) Also 1-3 mystery snails, I might be getting some purple ones in the future.

2. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Now I'm leaning towards

29 gallons
    8 neons
    8 harlequins
    10-20 RCS
    Dwarf Gourami
    6 panda cories (If I can find a good deal on them)
    and then the 1-3 mystery snails.

3. fishynoob

fishynoob Well Known Member Member

At the moment in my 26g I have neons platys and cherry shrimp but my platys are moving home in the new year

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Looks good. I'd up the numbers a little, but thats something you can do at a later point if you want to.

5. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Oh okay, well what do you suggest? Is there room for another school of tetras is I make each school 6 fish?

6. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

No, I meant make the school sizes bigger of the fish you want. 3 schools is plenty for a 29.

7. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Ah, gotcha. I'll make the neons 10, the harlequins 8 or 10, and the cories 8 (If I can afford it).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice