G’s 2.5 gallon Pico Reef Build.

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So today I seen one of those little Fluval spec things for just £10.
5cdad3ec34fc69fc3a115f121826aa2a.jpg

So I grabbed it, intending to sell on.

I get home and realize I have a nano light, for low light corals by TMC and some dead Rock.
4e4d2ed83881f0f2fbbde42899693a9c.jpg

So I’ve decided to throw something together, kicking a few ideas around, nothing solid yet, but it will probably involve some fragging from my 32g and an invert, thinking fire shrimp.
b0e353205dc172cf239de06d09b48d16.jpg

puffer boi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
grantm91 said:
So today I seen one of those little Fluval spec things for just £10.
5cdad3ec34fc69fc3a115f121826aa2a.jpg

So I grabbed it, intending to sell on.

I get home and realize I have a nano light, for low light corals by TMC and some dead Rock.
4e4d2ed83881f0f2fbbde42899693a9c.jpg

So I’ve decided to throw something together, kicking a few ideas around, nothing solid yet, but it will probably involve some fragging from my 32g and an invert, thinking fire shrimp.
cant wait to see pictures

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I did attach pics, but there seems to be an issue with the forum.

puffer boi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
grantm91 said:
I did attach pics, but there seems to be an issue with the forum.
Pictures of the shrimp i saw the photos of the tank

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
This is going to be so cool! I'm betting massive zoa garden hmmmm? Hey what app is that? I know you use it a lot and get some great deals off it.

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Culprit its called shpock, some gems on there from time to time, I didnt even want another tank haha. I guess it will be fun, plus cost next to nothing as you can see I have 90% of the stuff.

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Nice! I'll check it out. craigslist only has so much. i think you'll enjoy this one. I saw frag your zoas and make it a massive zoa garden. I saw some crazy super bright red/pink ones I fell in love with

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Il cure the huge amount of rocks in a jug haha, il also throw some bio media in the hob on my 32 to get established, then set it up when the rocks are ready, as they were live, now dead.

I will just see what I can frag, I will be having the green palys as I find them to be interactive, was thinking a head of torch on the end of that branch lol, we will see.

Your jar is so cool haha

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
grantm91 said:
Your jar is so cool haha
Thanks grant I think you'll actually enjoy this a lot. I love my jar right now mainly because I don't have my big tank but I still think ill enjoy it a lot even when i set up the big one. I'm hoping the gsp thrives and i'll get some zoas and pulsing xenia for some movement

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Tried replying to your thread yesterday, but the forum is playing up bad for me, I was just going to say how cool it was, and say I have no advice for the float valve haha. Good job on it though, was a surprise to see it out of no where.

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I know i just came up ith it out of the blue. Thanks!

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Got the rocks curing BIG scale lol.
fd3a81f1a7a6a4882e08e52fd44ba67f.jpg
also got media sat in the HOB of my 32g, so nothing exciting for a bit yet. Well actually, for me this one is exciting look,
4ecdb8adddf24bcb0a05a588a0c6dec3.jpg
cant wait for this.

Esimm03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
£10 for that tank!!!!!??!??
That is so cheap, how do you find these deals? All the good deals seem to be really far away from me or have ended

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
All I do is type in the search bar fish tank, then I set the thing to in the last 24hrs, I look every time I go on my phone or when I’m bored, only paid £40 for that 120 litre rimless clear seal on my other thread too, its just about looking, I find it fun just looking to see what people are selling, but obviously some things you should just get.

Esimm03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
grantm91 said:
All I do is type in the search bar fish tank, then I set the thing to in the last 24hrs, I look every time I go on my phone or when I’m bored, only paid £40 for that 120 litre rimless clear seal on my other thread too, its just about looking, I find it fun just looking to see what people are selling, but obviously some things you should just get.
I don’t think I’d have room for any more tanks, I already have 7. But I do have a 20Litre I’m getting for Christmas that will need stocking.

Ethan

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
20 litre, you doing a pico reef? Or Freshwater, if Freshwater I always fancied a pygmy sunfish, rather than the typical betta everyone would put in a 20 litre.

Esimm03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
grantm91 said:
20 litre, you doing a pico reef? Or Freshwater, if Freshwater I always fancied a pygmy sunfish, rather than the typical betta everyone would put in a 20 litre.
Hi,
I’m doing a 20Gallon freshwater ,
I’m thinking if a big school with some smaller fish like molly type things and a big centrepiece. I’d probably do a DG , I noticed you were selling a fire mouth pair, what would their minimum tank size be?

Ethan

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Do a big school of small tetras like embers or green neons. YOu could fit 20 in there and a DG. Nope on the firemouth in a 20

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh i thought youmeant 20 litres lol. In a 20 gallon id do like culprit suggested. Except I don’t like gouramis, maybe a Ram of some sort ? Or aspistogramas ?Also, I used to hate live bearers, but you can get some snazzy guppys.

Ah, by the way, Xbox62 what heater do you use for your tiny reef, as all the small ones I looked at have bad reviews, I don’t know which one to get, also, hows that tmc light working out too, Il be using the same one, as I had it lying around, is it good for your softies. ?

LJC6780

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
grantm91 said:
Culprit its called shpock, some gems on there from time to time, I didnt even want another tank haha. I guess it will be fun, plus cost next to nothing as you can see I have 90% of the stuff.
I’m betting the cost won’t be nothing when it’s all said and done! Lol nothing in this hobby ends up being cheap ... except you do have a nice supply of cheap frags over there!

Xbox62 said:
Hi,
I’m doing a 20Gallon freshwater ,
I’m thinking if a big school with some smaller fish like molly type things and a big centrepiece. I’d probably do a DG , I noticed you were selling a fire mouth pair, what would their minimum tank size be?

Ethan
I wouldn’t put a bunch of mollies in a 20 gallon ... they are big waste producers.

I have one of these in my 2.5 gallon hex tank. This, a sponge filter, live rock, pods, asternia stars, tiny brittle stars ... lamp next to tank. No corals or anything.
2 X 25 Watts (Tank Size: 5 to 8 Gallon) Adjustable Aquarium Heater Anti-explosion Submersible Fish Tank Water/ Temperature Range 18~33'c (65°f and 93°f.)

Esimm03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Culprit said:
Do a big school of small tetras like embers or green neons. YOu could fit 20 in there and a DG. Nope on the firemouth in a 20
I was planning neons as they are cheap but I’ll have a look at my lfs

Ethan

grantm91 said:
Oh i thought youmeant 20 litres lol. In a 20 gallon id do like culprit suggested. Except I don’t like gouramis, maybe a Ram of some sort ? Or aspistogramas ?Also, I used to hate live bearers, but you can get some snazzy guppys.
Hi,
I like the aspistogramas, I’m heading to my lfs to buy rocks and driftwood, and possibly reserve fish.

Ethan

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom