FYI: Rainbow shark community tank

Discussion in 'Rainbow Shark' started by cwb141, Apr 20, 2010.

1. cwb141Valued MemberMember

I have a community tank with 6 kuhli loaches, 9 rummy-nose tetras, 7 cardinal tetras, and 1 rainbow shark. The tetras are all between 1.5" and 2", the loaches are roughly 3"-3.5", and the rainbow shark is now 3.5" I haven't noticed any aggression in the rainbow shark towards the other fish. I see it every day so I haven't noticed the growth it's had, but I purchased it when it was about 2" long. I'm still not sure how it gets enough food, probably shrimp pellets, but it seems to be doing really well. Color in fins is deep red and the last fin on the underside (help with name anyone...?) has a dark blue strip along the end. Has a nice shape too, not concave or bulging. Anyway, got off topic. It has so far done really well with the setup I have. I still watch it and check the fish regularly to see if there are any signs of fin nipping.

2. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello CWB,

Glad to hear that things are going well! My Rainbow Shark (same type as the Red Tail Shark) has learned to forage around for food all over the place at feeding time. He usually eats food that pass through other fishes gills or food that has been spit out. He'll find the food :)

The fin you are referring to is the anal fin.

Best of luck!
    Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice