FYI: Kuhli loach activity

Discussion in 'Kuhli Loach' started by cwb141, Apr 20, 2010.

1. cwb141Valued MemberMember

Hi there, I've noticed recently a lot more activity in my Kuhli loaches. At first I had 3 then 4 and now 6. The activity level never really picked up during the day until recently. I haven't changed the diet (tropical flakes and shrimp pellets).

The only change I've made to my tank is putting the lights on a timer. My schedule doesn't allow me to turn them on/off at the same time every day. It's been 3 weeks since I purchased the timer and the schedule is lights on at 11:30am, off at 9:00pm. For the past 2 weeks the Kuhli loaches have been much more active especially during feeding. I can regularly spot 4 within seconds of dropping in flakes.

2. sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

Active loaches are happy loaches. They often look like they're stressed and panicking, but that's actually the kuhli loach happy dance.
    Increased water changes can do this, as can incoming storm fronts (they breed during the rainy season, so something in their bodies is built to detect pressure changes.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice