Fuzzy Holland lop grooming

Fishlover245735
Good afternoon everyone! Sounds like I will be picking my fuzzy Holland lop up tomorrow! I have been researching on what kind of brushes to use but am now more confused then I was to begin with ... I was looking at the fur buster comb but would that pull a fuzzy Holland’s hair too much? Do you guys have any suggestions? Also if you have a fuzzy Holland lop, please post pics too!!!

Eek! There’s so many kinds of brushes out there! I’m thinking about buying one flea comb (either double bristled or singled) and one slicker brush? Also nail clippers. I’m going to link some of the brushes I am looking at and could you guys tell me what ones look best or give suggestions on what you guys use? Thanks!
Would this one be too harsh on a fuzzy Holland?

This one?

These are two that I have seen online that people use for their rabbits...

saltwater60
We have a jersey Woolley and they are tough to take care of and groom because he doesn’t cooperate. We take him to get groomed every 3 months at $80-$100 a pop. He has no guard hairs and gets matted badly.

I’d start to brush it daily for a few minutes to get the bunny used to it. Then go every other day for a bit and see how that goes. Daily during shedding will likely be necessary to avoid grooming bills like we have.

My wife has a fine metal comb with two sides. One is fine and the other is coarser. She uses it to get under the mats and general brushing. We also have a cheap plastic brush and the furminator.

Here’s our bunny licorice.

Fishlover245735
Awwwww! Your bunnies are adorable . Thank you for the tips, $80 is a lot of money to get a bunny groomed!

saltwater60
Fishlover245735 said:
Awwwww! Your bunnies are adorable . Thank you for the tips, $80 is a lot of money to get a bunny groomed!
There the only place around that will do it. No choice or the bunny die since he gets so matted it will actually rip his skin.

We have 5 bunnies. He’s kind of a jerk sometimes. The white one is Louis and he’s a fat plop. He’s a nice bunny.
We have an old man named chipper. He’s the sweetest old man. Great bunny. He’s the harlequin one and Merida is his partner. She’s spunky but loves pets.

Our newest is Eeore. He is the best. Loves people. Loves to run around and explore. He will not eat unless he gets peta first. He’s a grey lop. Everyone loves him.

Fishlover245735
Omg! All your bunnies are adorable! I can’t even imagine having 5 rabbits though!!!

saltwater60
Fishlover245735 said:
Omg! All your bunnies are adorable! I can’t even imagine having 5 rabbits though!!!
I also have a 5500 gallon pond, a 75 gallon planted tank, a 75 gallon tank with a tortoise, a 20 gallon community tank, and a Russian tortoise. I love animals and have always had a good amount of them. My so e wants a lizard. Why not I guess.

Fishlover245735
Wow!!!

Top Bottom