Future problems with an anemone?

Wolfgang8810
I was planning on having a bubble tip anemone with 2 osellaris in my tank but I read that they might not host it. if I were to go the maroon clown way would that limit any of my other future plans?

Stocking list

1 coral banded shrimp
2-3 skunk shrimp
2 turbo snails
3-4 nassarius snails

am I forgetting anyhting?
my final plan is
1 bubble tip anemone
-->(2 ocelaris clowns 1 black 1 standard)<---- chanced for 1 or 2 maroon clowns>?
(not sure but I would like a goby blenny or jawfish of some kind)
1 six line wrasse

then coral wise I'm thinking
ricordea mushroom or red mushroom unsure still
brown toadstoool mushroom
2 different kinds of zoanthus
and a starburst polyp

pistorta
I was not aware that you could keep the two species of shrimp together. I assumed that the banded coral shrimp I bought took the place of all others. Am I wrong?

Unfortunately, ocelaris clowns to not fare well with other clowns, but from the impression I get from your e-mail, they will not need the anemone for protection. The clown/anemone combination can sometimes be a gamble which is why I think it best to buy the fish/anemone combos that you find in your LFS if your tank can support it (ie lighting).

Wolfgang8810
I have something like 60 watts over 24 gallons of water. but the displacment of the sand and live rock is 4 gallons so it only holds 20 gallons. I may skip the anemone for a while and just get my tank up and running for a while before I think about it. I was thinking about removing the ocellaris from my stocking plan and instead having 1 maroon clown.

Wolfgang8810
it really depends on the shrimp. you should only keep 1 coral banded shrimp in a tank as they will fight. you can have other kinds of shrimp, it just depends on which ones and their tempers.

Mike
I've kept a coral banded shrimp in the same tank with 2 skunk cleaner shrimp and they did fine all together. The CBS would just kinda grab at the skunks when they'd go by his rock. They CBS was rather solitary and didn't venture out much except for when the lights were out, but the skunk cleaner shrimps would venture all over the tank, even when the lights were on.

Wolfgang8810
So in your experience and opinion would I be able to get away with 1 cbs and 2 skunk cleaner shrimp in my 24 gallon?

Mike
I think they'll do fine yes, provided that you'll be feeding them frequently. Small pieces of silversides, krill, shrimp, etc.

Wolfgang8810
well I got some of my cleanup crew today

1 tongan nassarius
1 mexican turbo
2 button snails
2 margarita snails
2 turbo snails
1 emerald crab

so would that interfere with anything else? the only one I'm worrying about is the emerald crab

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
stella1979
Replies
Views
LJC6780
Replies
Views
LJC6780
Replies
Views