Future Pair? Solis and Venus

Genavelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ahhhh. I miss the breeding process, but at the same time jeez it was a lot of work, and I'd have to buy new supplies. Buttttt I just got this new betta and I can't stop thinking about how perfect it might be to breed him with one of my girls...So I'm thinking maybe some months in the future, it might happen. Here are pictures of them, can you guys tell me if you think this would be a good pair?

Solis:
image.jpg

Venus:
image.jpg

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow, Solis is amazing! Venus is gorgeous, too, But it looks to me like Venus is a CT and I'm not too sure that would go well with a non-CT. What is Solis' tail type?

Genavelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I know :c

Solis is a halfmoon. But I just feel like color-wise, they would be so great together! And Venus is the only female I have that looks anything like that...Even if they had combtail babies...They would be half-suns right? And what would be more perfect than a yellow half-sun...? =/

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wouldn't breed half suns, they aren't really desirable for in the breeding world. I would try and find a longfin female for him. I would definitely want one of the babies.
Solis is beautiful! I saw one just like him at my PetCo the other day.

Genavelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well Venus just suddenly died today, so this pair isn't possible anymore....

Fishoholic23

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Genavelle said:
Well Venus just suddenly died today, so this pair isn't possible anymore....
Oh no! I hope that she had a happy life! I am so sorry for your loss! She was beautiful.

Genavelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fishoholic23 said:
Oh no! I hope that she had a happy life! I am so sorry for your loss! She was beautiful.
I have no idea what happened. She was only around 6 months old, and she was totally fine 2 days ago. Yesterday I went in to feed them, and she just kinda sunk down to the bottom, instead of coming up for food. I scooped her out, and put her in the floating breeder box so that she wouldn't get picked on, and could reach the surface easier...And a few hours later I came back to check on her and she was dead.

She lives in a sorority but I couldn't see any kinds of wounds on her or anything, not even ripped fins. It looked like it was maybe just a swim bladder thing, like she was constipated..and then she died ._. All the other fish in the tank are perfectly fine, too

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom