Future 37g Idea - Golden Honey Gourami Center Pieces

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Blaggy, Apr 22, 2018.

1. BlaggyValued MemberMember

So I’m planning a future look to my tank once I’ve finished cycling it.

37G Tank - 30”L x 12.5”W x 22”H

Need new Hood for better lights: Thinking this: All Glass Aquarium AAG21230 Fluorescent Deluxe Hood, 30-Inch

Filter-
    Current: Top Fin Filter 40

Switching, so open to ideas. Currently looking at getting: AquaClear Power Filter - 110 V 50

Black Substrate - Carib Sea Eco Complete Planted Black

I have somewhat of an idea of how i want the setup to be. Theres a specific style of driftwood I’d like to have.

So I have these stock and plant potentials:

Stock:

6x Golden Honey Gourami - ideally 2m/4f
    10x Harlequin Rasbora
    15x Celestial Pearl Danios

If you guys think anything would be better/or should be swapped out, let me know. However, the 6x Gouramis will mot likely not be changing as they will be the focal point of the tank.

According to AqAdvisor this stock would be 100%, and filtration capacity would be 113%.

Plants:

Background-
    1x Water Wisteria
    1x Jungle Val

Mid-
    Driftwood with 2-3x Anubias attached
    Rock Archway with 1x Anubias attached
    1x Bacoba

Fore-
    2-3x Dwarf Sagitteria

Floating-
    5x+ - Dwarf Water Lettuce

I’m going to “corral” the Dwarf water lettuce to keep it contained in the center area of the tank, to do this I’m thinking I will use suction cups on both sides of tank and then attach airline hose to each, creating a “blockade” on one side, then doing another to allow my other plants some light and to just control the plant.

Let me know what you guys think! Still have plenty of time to figure out the finite details as thistle be done at some point this summer.

I drew a horrible photo of what I'm thinking haha.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. jaymethyValued MemberMember

That stock looks like it will work to me, so go for it.

My only suggestion, and this is completely based on my preferences. Right now you have 3 species that live in the middle to upper portion of the tank. I personally would want some bottom dwelling species. You could swap out one of your species for a shoal of corydas catfish. You could also shrink both your harlequin and danio shoals a little bit and incorporate 6 or so corydas catfish. Another option, without changing any of this fish you have now is to add some shrimp or snails.

3. BlaggyValued MemberMember

Thats interesting that you say that. The Honeys I have right now spend the majority of their time at the middle/bottom, they go to the top now and then, and for oxygen. But they primarily seem to scavenge for food VS eagerly swimming for it during feeding time.