Fussy Bolivian Ram pair

Passionfish

AggressiveAquatics

“I told you that was a bad place to lay the eggs!”

Flyfisha

I got a spawn from Bolivian ram eggs placed on an old oak leaf. Fingers crossed.

jmaldo

Bolivians my favorite fish. Raised hundreds. Appear to be a young pair. Eventually they will get it. Yes, they will bicker on occasion. Mine have laid eggs on many types of leaves, slate, rocks, etc... Also, most times they will dig pits in the sand and move the eggs/wigglers to different areas of the tank.
.Just have a plan to feed them once they become swimmers.
Here is an older thread I started when I stumbled into breeding them. Quite a bit of info.
I Have Wigglers Now Fry! Again Ram Cichlid | Ram Cichlid Forum | 318008

Good Luck!

Passionfish

jmaldo said:
Bolivians my favorite fish. Raised hundreds. Appear to be a young pair. Eventually they will get it. Yes, they will bicker on occasion. Mine have laid eggs on many types of leaves, slate, rocks, etc... Also, most times they will dig pits in the sand and move the eggs/wigglers to different areas of the tank.
.Just have a plan to feed them once they become swimmers.
Here is an older thread I started when I stumbled into breeding them. Quite a bit of info.
I Have Wigglers Now Fry! Again Ram Cichlid | Ram Cichlid Forum | 318008

Good Luck!
Thanks!

Flyfisha

Yes my pair moved the eggs from the oak leaf . It had me convinced they had eaten the eggs. I didn’t write about it in my first post because well ? Hey the fry turned up a few days later anyway.

Passionfish

1st day of the eggs sitting on the almond leaf. The bueno aires tetras don't seem to bother the female defending, I guess maybe a few of them learned their lesson already.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom