Furcata Blue Eye

Goodbye

Valued Member
Reaction score
Currently no, but I have several years ago. I loved them. You do need a large group as you are planning or they can become nippy to their tankmates.
Make sure that your tank is well-covered as they are good jumpers. Although widely available you won't find them in the average tank so you'll have something special!

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Currently no, but I have several years ago. I loved them. You do need a large group as you are planning or they can become nippy to their tankmates.
Make sure that your tank is well-covered as they are good jumpers. Although widely available you won't find them in the average tank so you'll have something special!
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm new to the hobby and as you can see from my stocking list most all of my current fish are what I guess would be classified as easy, beginner fish. I've no experience with Rainbow fish but from what little I've read they're not really a schooling fish but do need to be kept in groups.
Here's a picture of my tank, does it look suitable to you? Any advice or suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

20181110_193112.jpg

Goodbye

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm new to the hobby and as you can see from my stocking list most all of my current fish are what I guess would be classified as easy, beginner fish. I've no experience with Rainbow fish but from what little I've read they're not really a schooling fish but do need to be kept in groups.
Here's a picture of my tank, does it look suitable to you? Any advice or suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

View attachment 500574
It's beautiful and your blue eyes will really appreciate the plants.

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's beautiful and your blue eyes will really appreciate the plants.
Any species that you can recall they should not be kept with? If I add a school of them it will most likely be the last addition to the current stocking as the Platies and Mollies will multiply. Speaking of which, will the blue eyes breed? Also, my pH is ~7.6 and I've amended my water to a TDS of 300. Is that a problem? One last thing, I have plans to upgrade the filtration to an Eheim 600 which is going to provide a bit more flow than I have at the moment, do you see any problem with a bit higher flow for these fish? My understanding is they prefer the upper water column.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom