Funny....well maybe

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by Borisbbadd, Mar 29, 2010.

1. B

Borisbbadd Guest

First I have to say that I was having a really rotten day at work. I'd try to explain, but you just had to be there to understand.

So at my last break, I check my phone for messages. I find a voicemail from my wife saying " I just called to say I love you and I have a surprise ". That should be a good thing......right ? My little imagination can run wild with that one!

Well I call her back to find out the surprise, thinking it has to be something really good, only to find out that we got our taxes back from the tax guy, and we owe Uncle Sammy just under a thousand dollars. I thanked her for further ruining my day with this wonderful surprise.

No that was'nt the surprise..... so maybe just maybe it could still be something good.

She got silent for a minute, then said " the surprise I was talking about is that there is something wrong with your filter, and about 1/3 of your water is not in your tank anymore, it's now in the carpet.

So we've been doing the cleaning, soaking up water, drying, tank in the middle of the room thing.

And all I can think of is......

Shouldn't "I just called to say I love you, and I have a surprise" be a good thing ?

2. D

DaveofTN Valued Member Member

Hmmmm....I would demand a refund...or at least a tube of silicone as a consolation prize!

3. OP
    OP
    B

Borisbbadd Guest

Is that a refund on the filter or the wife ?

4. bubblynutter

bubblynutter Well Known Member Member

:;laughing :;fim
    :;smack

5. b

bubblefish Valued Member Member

Aw, that sounds like a terrible day. I think "surprises" should be a good thing. Hang in there.

6. m

mcurtissdsu Well Known Member Member

:;laughing:;laughing:;laughing

7. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I would have to say she owes you "compensation" for ruining your day:)

8. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Aw, sorry to hear this. Hope you get this all sorted shortly and the feeling of squishy carpet under your feet goes away!!
    But yes, surprises are meant to be a good thing, a leaky tank is NOT a good thing!

9. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

How about a new betta to make that all up?

10. OP
    OP
    B

Borisbbadd Guest

Now that sounds like a good idea.......:clapping:

Maybe someday I will tell you all how I flooded the bathroom with homemade beer..........:;toast

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice