Funny Runaway Shrimp Storys?

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by CanadianFishFan, Apr 19, 2018.

1. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

On instagram i was reading some interesting runaway shrimp stories ( that usually don't end out well). Have you ever had a shrimp jump out? Share your story.

(lol just realized that was posted by Rachel O leary, no wonder there was so many comments.)

2. Mary765

Mary765 Well Known Member Member

I've had missing shrimp.. but never any noticeably jumped out

3. OP
    OP
    CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Hmm, when everyone shared their storys it seemed so common!

4. Manytanks

Manytanks Valued Member Member

I haven't hat one escape that I've found (had several go missing) but when I was a kid I found a yabbie crawling around in the gutter (closest known source of water was about 10km away) so I picked it up took it home and put it in the goldfish tank where it lived happily for a few years

5. TRAILRIDER

TRAILRIDER Valued Member Member

While keeping an electric blue crawfish in a 30 gallon tank many years ago, he constantly climbed up and out. I guess that's just their nature.
    And while working in the fish department of a pet store (I cleaned tanks five days a week!) we had an octopus that crawled out to visit other close by tanks and have a late night snack! Unfortunately his snacks were usually in the $20-$30 price range!

6. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

I put the lid on my 10 and went out of the house. When I came back, I saw a ghost shrimp on a bucket about 5 feet away from the tank. The bucket was upside down and about 5 inches under the tank.

The only opening in the lid is a hole the size of a quarter...

7. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

When moving my 29 gal tank from the top of my dresser I found my two missing amano shrimp dried out behind it. They must have jumped one day and I thought they had died and been eaten by the bottom feeders.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice