I've had missing shrimp.. but never any noticeably jumped out

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Mary765 said:
I've had missing shrimp.. but never any noticeably jumped out
Hmm, when everyone shared their storys it seemed so common!

Manytanks

Valued Member
Reaction score
I haven't hat one escape that I've found (had several go missing) but when I was a kid I found a yabbie crawling around in the gutter (closest known source of water was about 10km away) so I picked it up took it home and put it in the goldfish tank where it lived happily for a few years

TRAILRIDER

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
While keeping an electric blue crawfish in a 30 gallon tank many years ago, he constantly climbed up and out. I guess that's just their nature.
And while working in the fish department of a pet store (I cleaned tanks five days a week!) we had an octopus that crawled out to visit other close by tanks and have a late night snack! Unfortunately his snacks were usually in the $20-$30 price range!

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I put the lid on my 10 and went out of the house. When I came back, I saw a ghost shrimp on a bucket about 5 feet away from the tank. The bucket was upside down and about 5 inches under the tank.

The only opening in the lid is a hole the size of a quarter...

NLindsey921

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When moving my 29 gal tank from the top of my dresser I found my two missing amano shrimp dried out behind it. They must have jumped one day and I thought they had died and been eaten by the bottom feeders.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom