funny pleco story

LOULOU

Reaction score
came downstairs to feed my fish this morning and couldnt find my pleco`s, they had dissapeared?? I know they are sneaky little buggers and they do hide in funny places in the tank, but they really had dissapeared. I looked everywhere. so after hours of looking we decided that they had been eaten, by what we didnt know because out of my fish they are the biggest. then about 2 hours later I found them, I just saw the nose of 1 of them poking out of the filter housing where the outlet pipe pokes through, they had managed to get in there, god was it a bugger trying to get them back, we did in the end, so we have now blocked the hole around the pipe so they can't get in there again!! oh it was so funny little buggers!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh how funny!! My son kept finding his bristle nose in the filter body when they were juveniles. They would get started cleaning all that good tasting goo on the filter lip and would just keep on going until they were inside.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
HAHAHA, lol ... maybe that's how Lou's plecos got inside the filter.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Could be, they will sure go where the food is
Carol

Shorty

Reaction score
Lol, I can just imagine it little face peeking at you lol, lol, munching away at all the gunk thinking it had found heaven in a box

New Threads