Funny Pleco behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So over the weekend my little clown Pleco relocated himself and dig a cave under the front of the driftwood in my tank, which is cool cause now I can kinda see him hiding. anyways, last night I had fed my gold barbs their flakes, then switched lights to moonlight and dropped in the algae wafer right in front of his new cave. Well the barbs noticed hia wafer and all five started picking at it, meanwhile I see a little striped head poke out watching the barbs. Then je goes back in, turns around and flicks his tail fast spraying the barbs with sand! then he'd start to creep out but the barbs would come back and he'd spray them again, eventually getting them to leave it alone so he could come out and munch. it was hilarious to watch! Has anybody else seen this sand spraying before?

Last edited:

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That's pretty cool, I've never seen a Pleco spray sand but when my Mollies are munching at his algae wafer, he just comes right over and sits on top of it. The Mollies then just stare at him like "HEY!"

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm hoping to see the same thing happen again in the next couple nights so I can video it. It's always possible I'll never catch him doing it again. I've only had him like 2-3 weeks, but already his coloring is so much darker, he's so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom