Funny Pet Owner Stories

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by bettas&cories, Jan 14, 2019.

1. bettas&cories

bettas&coriesNew MemberMember

Since I have quite a few animals I have a number of funny things happen to me. What are your stories? Here some of mine: I bought tongs for aquatic plants, but instead of for my plants it was to feed a mystery snail ( this tongs have been extremely useful btw). I had quite the conversation with a vitamin shoppe employee while buying spirulina and calcium to feed my snails. A grocery store employee laughed at my tiny zucchini I bought for my fish and inverts, little does she know the bell pepper is for my guinea pig and hamster, carrot for my fish and feeder crickets, broccoli for my hamster and lettuce for my guinea pig. Only sometimes do my animals share their veggies with me! I also carried feeder crickets with me once to a grocery store and another time in a comic store. The closest fish store to me( that just sell fish and aquarium supplies) is forty minutes away, but they had the platy I’d been wanting, so she made the forty minute trip home( she’s doing well too). I’d love to here more funny pet owner stories!

2. ValerieAdams

ValerieAdamsFishlore VIPMember

3. OP
    OP
    bettas&cories

bettas&coriesNew MemberMember

Oh goodness :emoji_smile:, my dog would probably do that too, she loves wood!

4. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

My dog ate spectacles and an e-reader.
    AND STILL CAN'T READ
    [​IMG]

5. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Whenever I have aquarium plants out and laying of the floor or table(during a bleach dip or rescaping), my cat will sneakily come up and steal them. She then goes a few paces away and tries to eat them. She particularly likes java ferns... at least she isn’t jumping in the tanks lol

6. ValerieAdams

My dog also tried to eat my rock cave

7. jjohnwmValued MemberMember

My story involved a box of live rats (i.e. soon-to-be snake food) that chewed their way to freedom out of a transport box and escaped in the car as I drove down the highway towards home. I don't like rats. I like them even less when they are on the dashboard, in my lap, on my shoulder etc. as I am driving in traffic. I like them less still when they pee all over every surface in my brand-new company car, requiring a complete expensive detail-clean/de-odorization before my employer (a new car dealer) discovered my transgression.

I still wonder if the eventual purchaser of that demonstrator vehicle might have changed his/her mind if the history of the thing were completely known...:)

8. ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOKWell Known MemberMember

My cat knocked over my fish pellets this morning. .5mm pellets all over the basement. Cats love the smell of fish food. Probabaly bc it's made with fish!

9. ValerieAdams

My cats and dog like to eat any spilled fish food. I think they rather eat it than their own food lol

10. Smalltownfishfriend

SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

A noodle dog apparently likes my chapstick.. she also stole the marshmallow fluff off the counter 3 times before I finally just gave her a spoonful... IMG_20190114_113600.jpgIMG_20181217_152442.jpg

11. ValerieAdams

Harley has ate my chapstick before too

12. FishcatValued MemberMember

My cat decided to sleep in a small box on a tall bookcase. Fell off, with box, at 3:30 a.m. Cat is unhurt.

13. WraithenWell Known MemberMember

My dog gloats when he has things he thinks he shouldnt have. Luckily I dont mind him having an apple, but he does the same thing with any plastic thing. If you try to grab it from him he chomps it so Ive had to resort to pinning him upright against a wall so he drops it. He even refuses to trade for treats anymore. My dog is a jerk. 20170725_204521.jpg

14. Rylan

RylanWell Known MemberMember

Speaking of cats, mine somehow how figured out how to open my sliding glass door, last summer, in my room and scared the life out of me, also at 3 am. That’s what I get for forgetting to lock it. Never again! Spent a while lying awake, heart racing, thinking about how glad I was it was only my cat, and also that cats are basically just tiny raptors.

What is it about cats and 3am? “I HAVE to do this!!”

34F43408-9817-4948-8BE2-DFA3C59BA6D4.png

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice