Funny Fish Behavior

NBettas83

Well Known
Reaction score
I was sitting on my bed, and my Betta was on the far side of the tank, the mowers are outside blowing leaves and one walked out from behind a bush. Suprised, Farosh zoomed to the other side of the tank and went to his "safety spot," AKA the vantage point where he stares at me from. I can just see him yelling, "STRANGER DANGER!" Silly fish. Feel free to share any funny fish stories you have.

Mongo75

Well Known
Reaction score
I just took a couple of photos on my grungy sponge filter tube. Lens right up to the tank...focus...then there's my full grown Angel, looking down the barrel of my camera, like wass-upp, lol. He swam away before I could react and get him in the shot, lol

fishkeeper19524

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I tried getting my betta Apolo to flare by putting a mirror In front of him, instead of flaring he just swam away and hid, I tried again a few days later and he is still scared of his reflection. So I guess he is scared of himself.

Canacullus

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
fishkeeper19524 said:
I tried getting my betta Apolo to flare by putting a mirror In front of him, instead of flaring he just swam away and hid, I tried again a few days later and he is still scared of his reflection. So I guess he is scared of himself.
I am also scared of my reflection. I am very terrifyin.

My khulI loaches like to hide in the water pump I use for water changes. Fortunately, I have onto sucked one up yet.

Dewclaw83

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I had a betta fish that I was trying out some different foods with. He usually got freeze dried bloodworms or frozen daphnia, but we were trying out some pellets and flakes because I was at college and that was what was available. (He tried these over several feeding FYI)
The first pellets were larger, and he gobbled them right down and loved them. The second pellets, I think he thought were the first pellets. They were smaller and he tried grabbing too many at once and had to spit some back out after a while when he figured out it was too many to eat at once.
The third food was some flakes with dried krill. I though he’d like these because of the dried krill, but nope. He stared, and stared, and stared for a good three minutes. Finally, he flared at the food and refused to touch it. Talk about a picky eater!

Pythia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My cory would freeze in place whenever I go near the tank and her expresion says "You don't see me! Nope nope nope don't you dare notice me!" It's hilarious!
Also, my guppy and my rasboras will poke at her pellets and sometimes, they accidentally poke her instead and she would go into full on panic mode and zoomed away at top speed, and swims around the tank two whole times at the same speed before settling down, it's also really funny.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a heavily stocked 55 that has a variety of fish including some pretty big pepper corys and on occasion I'll see some of the baby guppies poking at them and maybe eating biofilm off them or something . The peppers could care less. I also have a couple good size SAE in there and the bigger of the 2 is the biggest chicken even at a whopping 4-5" she still zips away under the DW pile but 5 minutes later I'll look over from my counter and she'll be staring at me.

OP
NBettas83

NBettas83

Well Known
Reaction score
Dewclaw83 said:
I had a betta fish that I was trying out some different foods with. He usually got freeze dried bloodworms or frozen daphnia, but we were trying out some pellets and flakes because I was at college and that was what was available. (He tried these over several feeding FYI)
The first pellets were larger, and he gobbled them right down and loved them. The second pellets, I think he thought were the first pellets. They were smaller and he tried grabbing too many at once and had to spit some back out after a while when he figured out it was too many to eat at once.
The third food was some flakes with dried krill. I though he’d like these because of the dried krill, but nope. He stared, and stared, and stared for a good three minutes. Finally, he flared at the food and refused to touch it. Talk about a picky eater!
Lol. I can't feed my Betta with him staying still. I have him follow a target stick for exercise and he just lunges at it over and over instead of swimming towards it. There have also been situations where I was standing over his tank and looking somewhere else, and I hear a plop, and he is there realigning to stare at me. He tried to jump at me and eat my face.

New Threads