Funny Bubble Nest

1. Bisc

Bisc Valued Member Member

So, I came home today, fed Chance his din-din (heheh :anim_63: ) and left to go pick up medicine at Walgreens. I came home to find him working on a bubblenest.

The weird thing is, he's making it around the rim of the tank, so there's a layer of bubbles he's made that completely circles the tank. (I watched him do this to rule out other causes) On top of that, he has a little bubble nest he's made under the flow diffuser I made for his filter.

Is this normal? I've never seen a Betta make a bubble nest that goes around the tank before. As soon as I can, I will upload pictures.

2. c

click Well Known Member Member

Maybe he's planning to fill the whole top with bubbles and he's starting from the edges? :giggle:

Or maybe he doesn't have a lot of experience with bubble nests so he's just learning.

Either one, I am pretty sure you have a happy betta.

3. OP
    OP
    Bisc

I'm all excited!

He's definately happy! I can tell, he'll swim through my fingers and against my arms when I do tank cleanings/water changes (I like to re-arrange his plants for a bit of new scenery). He ALWAYS stays on the side I'm on, be it at my computer or sitting on my bed, he gets excited when I sing (See my other topic on that), and he does everything he can to get my attention. I think he likes me, lol!

4. f

fishtroy Well Known Member Member

One of mine have done that, perhaps they just have architect issues. All create their masterpieces of bubble work in different ways. :)

5. OP
    OP
    Bisc

Yeah, maybe he likes to think BIG lol

6. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Haha sounds cute! Architectural issues... maybe!

7. haedra

haedra Well Known Member Member

If it's just a ring of bubbles around the tank it's probably just collected bubbles from the water surface movement. Or, he could have made a nest that is getting broken up by the water movement. :)

8. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

He thinks outside the box, you should be a proud momma. :)

9. hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

He shouldn't apologize for *art*.