Funny Bad Betta Moments?

CanadianFishFan
SO I was wondering what bad funny things your bettas have done?
I have had one who kept squishing himself under my bubbler thing.
What have your bettas done?

Rtessy
I'm temporarily housing a betta, giving him an upgrade from 1 gallon to a 5, and I got a betta hammock because everything else is 6+ inches below the top of the water. Does he sit in the hammock? No, of course not. Why would he sit on a hammock make for him? He sits on the heater

Rylan
I had a bubble volcano in my Betta tank for a little while with a very light flow. My Betta swam by that thing every day getting closer and closer until finally he’d rest on the edge and stare into it for several minutes, several times a day. until finally he decided to dive in head first while I watched and scared the life out of me when it took him some time to resurface from the depths. I’ve since taken it out because I was nervous the airstone would shift over the mouth while he was in it, but the fact I watched him slowly work up his nerve to dive into a volcano for several days amuses me.

Rtessy
Dang that would have scared me really bad. It's pretty funny though, lol

r5n8xaw00
My Betta loves to explore so I put a lot of stuff in his tank to explore. I moved him to a 29 gallon and bought more stuff for him to explore. I put a small rock cave in his tank with a tiny opening. I watched for several days as he explored all his new stuff and as he inspected the tiny opening on the little rock cave. I figured it was too small for him to pass through that small opening but he finally squeezed himself through to the inside. I watched and waiting but he never came out. I got worried thinking he was stuck inside. So I finally reached in and picked up the little rock cave. He was already gone...lol. I forgot that there was another opening on the other side...lol. I don't know why I didn't see him, guess it is because there is so much stuff for him to explore that he had slipped away and was exploring inside one of the bigger stuff, like logs etc.

CanadianFishFan
My Betta loves to explore so I put a lot of stuff in his tank to explore. I moved him to a 29 gallon and bought more stuff for him to explore. I put a small rock cave in his tank with a tiny opening. I watched for several days as he explored all his new stuff and as he inspected the tiny opening on the little rock cave. I figured it was too small for him to pass through that small opening but he finally squeezed himself through to the inside. I watched and waiting but he never came out. I got worried thinking he was stuck inside. So I finally reached in and picked up the little rock cave. He was already gone...lol. I forgot that there was another opening on the other side...lol. I don't know why I didn't see him, guess it is because there is so much stuff for him to explore that he had slipped away and was exploring inside one of the bigger stuff, like logs etc.
Ive had that happen too. I waited for like 10mins and then my betta swims by as I'm still stareing into the cave

GrouchyGuppies
Mine ate all three of his expensive shrimp friends! I didn't expect it at all seeing as he has a very passive personality but there you go!

CanadianFishFan
Mine ate all three of his expensive shrimp friends! I didn't expect it at all seeing as he has a very passive personality but there you go!
That's what I thought too, RIP 3 little shirmpys

Farlowella Fella
I had my betta originally in a 2.5 gal with an undergravel grid and tube but unconnected. he would wiggle down the tube and under the gravel and then come back out after 30 sec. one day when he had grown a bit he got stuck and I actually had to pull him out by his tail after I realised he needed some help. He's in a 10 gal now with no tubes to get into now but he still tries to get into/under anything with a bit of a gap in the tank.

CanadianFishFan
I had my betta originally in a 2.5 gal with an undergravel grid and tube but unconnected. he would wiggle down the tube and under the gravel and then come back out after 30 sec. one day when he had grown a bit he got stuck and I actually had to pull him out by his tail after I realised he needed some help. He's in a 10 gal now with no tubes to get into now but he still tries to get into/under anything with a bit of a gap in the tank.
Dont think that was safe how you pulled him out... BUT I suggest getting some PVC pipes and putting them in places and cover the top with gravel. Mine love it

75g Discus Tank
I spent about $30 for 10 chilI rasboras.

My betta ate all of them within the first 8 hours of adding them to the tank.

I couldn't get a refund because I had to have the body of the fish present to get my money back.

Fanatic
I purchased six Orange Sakura shrimp and acclimated them to my tank.
My betta chased them right away, and ate one tiny baby while it was walking on the bottom, gulped him right up!

I was so upset, and I spent four hours trying to get a divider and split the tank up.

BettaAquarium
Several, some are sad, and some are funny.
I'll start with the funny ones..

I once had a spray bar filter, and forgot that I had it pointed up, and plugged it in, and soaked everything.
Rest in peace TV, you will be remembered. LOL

The other ones are heart breaking for me..
I had a betta get on the filter intake, and got his long fins all torn up. That later took his life.

Later, the same thing happened, except he got into the filter. His fins were torn up so badly. (another betta)
That costed his life 3months later, and I had to euthanize him due to his suffering. His fins grew back, but then he could not swim much, because his side fins got torn.

CanadianFishFan
I spent about $30 for 10 chilI rasboras.

My betta ate all of them within the first 8 hours of adding them to the tank.

I couldn't get a refund because I had to have the body of the fish present to get my money back.
that sucks!

CanadianFishFan
Several, some are sad, and some are funny.
I'll start with the funny ones..

I once had a spray bar filter, and forgot that I had it pointed up, and plugged it in, and soaked everything.
Rest in peace TV, you will be remembered. LOL

The other ones are heart breaking for me..
I had a betta get on the filter intake, and got his long fins all torn up. That later took his life.

Later, the same thing happened, except he got into the filter. His fins were torn up so badly. (another betta)
That costed his life 3months later, and I had to euthanize him due to his suffering. His fins grew back, but then he could not swim much, because his side fins got torn.
the first one was funny, the last two are sad

shiv234
my little dog war staring at by betta and deciding if the water was good or not. She decided it was good and shoved half her face in the water and started making bubbles. The my female bettas launched herself up my dog's nose and got stuck. Had to pull her out

FishLoverEmma0
One time, I was replacing the filter cartridge in my tank and my female Betta jumped up and bit my arm. It scared me so bad!

CanadianFishFan
One time, I was replacing the filter cartridge in my tank and my female Betta jumped up and bit my arm. It scared me so bad!
Its 1am here but who cares ill spend it on fishlore. Ive been bit too by many bettas! It didnt really hurt but startled me.

FishLoverEmma0
Its 1am here but who cares ill spend it on fishlore. Ive been bit too by many bettas! It didnt really hurt but startled me.
One time I actually fell asleep with my hand inside of one of mine and my dads anemone tanks while he was gone... I was woken up by the numbness of my hand trying to be digested by a few ferocious anemones

CanadianFishFan
One time I actually fell asleep with my hand inside of one of mine and my dads anemone tanks while he was gone... I was woken up by the numbness of my hand trying to be digested by a few ferocious anemones
First of all....! Second,, how did you fall asleep like that? xD

FishLoverEmma0
First of all....! Second,, how did you fall asleep like that? xD
I happened to be sitting in my REALLY comfy chair while I was moving one of the rocks to the front where all of the bright anemones apparently chose to hang out.

Similar Aquarium Threads

2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
CanadianFishFan
Replies
Views
WinterSoldier.
Replies
Views
Cheesecake
Replies