Fungus Important

1. g

guppy man Valued Member Member

This morning I found my coolie loach(that I bought yesterday), looking as if it is dead.I noticed that it had some fluffy stuff on it and my other coolie has a bit of fluffy stuff too. I really don't want my coolie to die,so can you help me.:;thx:'(

2. VenomGrass

VenomGrass Valued Member Member

Hiya. Where about is the fluffy stuff? Is it on a fin, tail, belly? Also is it white and look like cotton wool? How are yah water readings?

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry your fish are ill.
    Can you post a pic? It might help the other members ID wants going on.

4. agabr123

agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

so sorry to hear that :(

i'd go ahead and start with a water change, it never hurts and some fresh water may get him feeling better. a picture would help confirm, but for the time being if you have a quarantine tank then you should probably transfer the fish that have fungus into it, since you'll want to start treatment. if you can confirm that it's fungus then i'd recommend treating with maracyn (just plain maracyn, not maracyn 2 or TC, those are for other diseases), i've had good luck with it thus far. but definitely post a picture and try to confirm the disease before treating with a medication, sometimes they can do more harm than good!