Fungus Or Injury?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by CarrieFisher, Apr 13, 2017.

1. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

So, on Wednesday my new fish completed a 2 week quarantine.

Almost immediately upon her addition, my Molly somehow wedged herself between a fake plant and a rock.
    She was obviously struggling, so I helped her out, but today, I noticed a pale patch on her head.

It doesn't look fuzzy to me, but it does look like a single scale is "lifted" among (what I *think* is just) the damaged flesh.

She has proven IMPOSSIBLE to take clear pictures of, but, God help me retain SOME patience... I TRIED!! Lol

Do you think this looks fungal or like a wound?

I know the pics are not good, but I must have deleted 300 and these ARE the "good ones".

If you can't tell, I understand, but appreciate your looking.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  2. aditya2105Valued MemberMember

Looks to me she is just missing a scale..From the accident

3. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

Thank you very much for your input, I just freak out over their wellness

4. AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I agree, it looks like just a spot from the injury. I would probably do some daily water changes to keep the water quality up, to prevent any sort of infection. Just keep an eye on it. Make sure it doesn't turn any funky colors or gets swollen.

5. aditya2105Valued MemberMember

That's right..Keep water very clean to avoid any bacterial infection...I too love my goldfish...Any small change in and I keep sweating the whole day

6. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

I'm addition to keeping the water pristine for her you could also add garlic to her food to boost her immune system to try to combat a secondary infection.

7. aditya2105Valued MemberMember

U can feed garlic too...but in case ur getting nervous..Don't worry it's nothing major...Stuff like this keeps happening to my fish and I just keep my water clean and it heels again..So don't get too scared abt this..It's a beautiful fish by the way

8. aditya2105Valued MemberMember

And your tank looks amazing..If u don't mind can u pls upload a picture of it

9. AngelTheGypsyFishlore VIPMember

I agree it looks like a minor injury that should heal easily with clean water

10. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

Thank you, I'm in the process of experimenting with live plants, so I'd like to be a planted tank in a while if everyone leaves the experimental vegetation alone.
    Right now, the whole left side is a moss wall that is filling in, 4 Marimo balls, and one anubias (the Guinnea pig plant).
    [​IMG]

11. aditya2105Valued MemberMember

12. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

Awe, really!!!!
    Thanks, man!!
    I like it, but I didn't think anybody else would, lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice