Fungus on a fire belly newt??

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by fbn, Nov 24, 2009.

1. fbn

fbnWell Known MemberMember

Hello, I was at a petstore today and saw a newt missing an arm and it had white on the end. The one lady said it might have fungus. Question, is it cureable? I want another fbn and would love to get him and cure him :). Thanks!

2. DarkFinValued MemberMember

Yes, it can be curable with the right medication, but, don't expect the newt to regrow its arm...:;hi2

3. OP
    OP
    fbn

Okay, so if I tried is there a BIG chance of survival? And what medications do I use?? I do not care about it's arm, as long as it can have a good life :)

4. DarkFinValued MemberMember

It might, look on the medicine boxes and see if it says anything on white fuzzy funguses; but, there is a chance he might not live, so depends if you want to take a risk on buying him. personally, one of my newts have gotton a white fuzzy fungus on it, and it lived, but never missing a limb.

5. OP
    OP
    fbn

Well, maybe it isn't fungus then. Because the end of the limb is white, and there is like a white string from it?? What do you think it is then??

6. DarkFinValued MemberMember

might be a parasitic worm, i wouldnt buy the poor thing, it seems to much work for one newt.

7. OP
    OP
    fbn

Okay, thanks a lot!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice