yeah, it's in the long hose. I was thinking of soaking it in some sort of solution then dragging a cloth through it (by aide of rope)Isabella said:You mean, in the plastic siphon tube, or in the long hose through which the water runs? The plastic siphon tube should be easy to clean with some brush for aquarium cleaning. There are long and thin brushes available at fish stores to clean filter piping and tubing. But if the fungus is inside the long hose ... then I've no idea how to clean it ???
It is black, and fuzzy. It isn't thick just dark. It may be algea, but either way I want to get rid of it.... maybe letting it dry outside completly them rinse?Isabella said:I wouldn't soak it in any solution that may be harmful to fish. Remember that you use that hose to refill your tank. Also, the material it's made out of may melt I think, if it's some strong solution such as bleach. But how does that fungus look? Are you sure it's fungus? Always try to get all the water out of the hose after your water changes.
I will try it, maybe if it kills the mold it will just rinse out.Butterfly said:It is most likely mildew from staying wet after water changes.
I soak all my siphon hoses in diluted bleach water over night occasionally. Just like anything else you clean for your tank rinse, rinse, rinse. Then soak in water with extra dechlorinator in it. Never had a problem doing this.