Fungus Emergency!!!

1. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Nobody replied to my last thread after a while, and I need help now! One of my cories has a white growth near his dorsal fin that I've identified as fungus. Could I give him a salt bath? Aren't cories sensitive to salt? Please help!

2. BHK3

BHK3 Well Known Member Member

Photos will likely be needed before anyone can reasonably attempt to ID what's going on and suggest a course of action. Do you have any you can post?

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

My guess it is an aeneus and the white is just behind the dorsal?

4. OP
    OP
    penguin02

It's a bronze cory. I recently moved them to a bucket for about four hours with an air pump while I changed to a sand substrate, so it's possible he received an injury in the net. I've heard that can cause fungal infections. It's definitely not coloring. He's never had a spot like that before, and it climbs off of his body with little hair-like pieces. From everything I've read, that's a fungal infection.

He's acting normal, which means I'm not able to get a picture of him. Cories are way too fast for my phone to focus on.

Will a salt bath hurt him? What amounts of water and salt should I mix, and how long should I leave him in it? I don't have a hospital tank because my parents don't like the idea of another tank :D. Treating the entire tank with meds seems like a bad idea, so a salt bath seemed like the best course of action.

5. DoubleDutch

Aeneus. Is it a kind of whittish lump just behind the dorsal. If so : no need to treat.
    It is somekind of secretion (fat probably) and no disease !!!

6. R

Racing1113 Well Known Member Member

We need a picture. I thought my cory had fungus and if turned out to be columnaris.

7. DoubleDutch

Complaining and then not reacting when members try to help ?

8. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

A salt bath WILL hurt him, as corys don't have scales they are very sensitive to salt.

9. OP
    OP
    penguin02

Don't worry, I've seen your posts. I'm just really bad about posting because of my bad computer. Thank you all, I'll leave him be and keep a close eye on the tank.