Fungi/bacterial Problem And Ich At The Same Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilanne

New Member
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Points
3
Experience
Just started
Keep in mind we are in fact beginners at this.... Wondering if it's possible for a tank to have both a fungal/ bacterial infestation and Ich at the same time. If so can you safely treat both at the same time? My fish have indicative white "salt" spots of Ich and are very lethargic. I'm also noticing that anything that lands on the bottom very quickly grows a white almost cotton like fuzz on it, which from what I've googled and read on threads here could be bacteria or fungus. So I'm thinking I have both problems at the same time. In 2 days we've lost 2 baby plecos and this morning our upside down cat fish was dead and the flame gourami is barely hanging on as well as our female molly. Yesterday we removed the live fish, cleaned the gravel, plants and decorations. We bought the stuff to treat parasites and the stuff for fungus/ bacteria. Our tank had cycled and the water parameters were perfect (I bought the dip sticks). After cleaning the parameters were perfect still.
 

Samanta.r

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
22
Points
23
Location
Usa
Experience
3 years
Wow I'm so sorry to hear that yeah I agree Fungal maybe pictures of fish and tank would help might want to try a salt treatment. Or slightly up the temperature.
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
17,766
Reaction score
11,742
Points
798
Location
Holland (The Netherlands)
Experience
More than 10 years
Food probably
In that case the water will be polluted quite a bit due to overfeeding.

Fungus and antibacterial meds are meand to treat both on fish. That's quite different than water (waterchanges should solve that)

BTW Combinations of Ich and bacterial/fungal infections are quite common cause the parasite damages the protective slime-coat penetrating it.

But as said : decaying food is a different thing
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lilanne

New Member
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Points
3
Experience
Just started
In that case the water will be polluted quite a bit due to overfeeding.

Fungus and antibacterial meds are meand to treat both on fish. That's quite different than water (waterchanges should solve that)

BTW Combinations of Ich and bacterial/fungal infections are quite common cause the parasite damages the protective slime-coat penetrating it.

But as said : decaying food is a different thing
It's been a few days since I've been able to get on here due to working several double shifts. All but 1 molly have died. The only 1 left seems to be recovering from the Ich very well at this point, he only has 2 or 3 little white spots left. This is the white fuzzy stuff that instantly engulfs any food that isnt eaten right away. I'm having an issue with my fish actually having enough time to eat before the current created by the filter pushes it to the bottom. When I feed my fish the water current only takes about 20 seconds if that to push the flakes and pellets to the bottom. Any ideas on buffering the current from the filter so more food is consumed rather than going directly to the substrate? And what is that fuzzy stuff??
20180726_065357.jpg
20180726_065444.jpg
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
17,766
Reaction score
11,742
Points
798
Location
Holland (The Netherlands)
Experience
More than 10 years
Feed less Lilanne. Fish even surfacefeeders will go after foor that sinks when they are hungry.

What you see is fungus on leftover food.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

  • Yes

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • No

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

    Votes: 28 66.7%




Top Bottom