Fungal Infection Or Columnaris?

Rin T

Reaction score
So to preface: I have a 20g high tank with 8 neon tetras, 1 hi fin lyretail swordtail and a bamboo shrimp.
I originally had a dwarf gourami in here, but he bullied the swordtail so much to the point that the swordtail got sick. I returned the gourami so the swordtail can properly heal.
The swordtail currently has a sort of white cottony substance on the edges of his mouth and his fins are torn. He also swims very wobbily and it’s hard for him to eat because he keeps missing, but he still has an appetite. I’m not sure if it is columnaris or just a mouth fungus. I went to LFS and asked the guy there how to treat him so he recommended E.M. Erthromycin from API. I have been treating him for the last three days and did about a 30% water change yesterday. It doesn’t look like he’s getting better and I don’t really know what to do or if it’s some other disease.
Please help.

Attachments

Rin T

Reaction score
Looks like your swordfish has been nipped at.
Yeah he has. The gourami that was originally in the tank would chase him around and nip at his fins. I think the stress is what caused him to get sick.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom