Fun short story :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ethan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Ethan

EthanWell Known MemberMember

Well guys my dads uncle which is my great uncle who i last saw when i was 5 turns out to be a fishkeeping freak like me at one time he owned his own lfs and had over 150 tanks he still has 2 150's a 38 and 50 gallon but sold and gave away the rest we were talking about how keeping fish back then was. and he told me how he use to sell show quality bettas for 50 cents and how he once bought 100+ neon tetras for 5$ lol fish were crazy cheap back in the day... he has been keeping fish for over 50 years i was just so amazed to find out this is where i get my fish keeping hobby from just thought you all would like the little story :;dete

2. brodylane1122

brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

THat is cool. I wish I had someone in my family to relate to. I'm the odd one. BUt I'm fine with it!

3. Moneypenny1967

Moneypenny1967Valued MemberMember

I dont think fishkeeping is hereditary:)But who cares,as long as we and the fish are happy

4. freak78

freak78Well Known MemberMember

Yeah I've noticed a lot of people don't really mention it until they find out you keep fish as well. Or they see your tank.

5. OP
    OP
    Ethan

hes downgrading and has some eheims and good rock and driftwood for free but hes all the way in wisconsin he said i can have any i want if i come and get it lol

6. psalm18.2

psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

Sounds like a family reunion is in order.;)

7. OP
    OP
    Ethan

haha hopefully

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice