Fun Aquarium Flash Cards!

JLAquatics

This is just a fun thread for creating aquarium mockup cards of your fish, plants, or inverts. They will be of (mine or any volunteer's images) fish, inverts, and plants with a fake "rarity" from common all the way to mythic. I have provided an ultra rare example (nonofficial) card of one of my Lambchop Rasboras.
It will have a pic of the species in question with a border like this one along with a scientific name of the species in question. Rarity of the next species spotlight would be by price paid and categorized like this;

Rasbora Card.jpg

Common, White
Rare, Green
Ultra Rare, Blue
Epic, Purple
Legendary, Orange
Mythic, Sky Blue

As for the cards, I feel like this could provide some unique discussions on the species being highlighted with this feature, and you all know I love to participate in educational discussions. Plus, I feel like it would be a fun little thread for us all on Fishlore to participate in and find great info at the same time. Hopefully I can post at least a single card daily, but if something happens I will let you all know.

If you wish to participate, reply a single photo of one of your own fish, inverts, or plant with the species name and specify how much you spent on it. This will determine the rarity of the collector card. I would love plenty of participation and I feel like this could be a fun little thread for us all to be a part of.
Rose of Sharon Basil TheFISH12 :)

Basil

I’ll start. :)
Ambastaia sidthimunki (Dwarf chain loaches). Paid $13.95 each.

6F862EE2-C8D4-49D3-A66F-7BAF589D6B0C.jpeg
If you need a better picture, I have some single pictures!

JLAquatics

I’ll start. :)
Ambastaia sidthimunki (Dwarf chain loaches). Paid $13.95 each.

6F862EE2-C8D4-49D3-A66F-7BAF589D6B0C.jpeg
If you need a better picture, I have some single pictures!
Yup, the single picture would be great! Cool fish!

Sofiafish17

Female koi betta

9787747D-2065-4EFB-A91A-DD433AC62BDE.jpeg
Between $25-30 I can’t remember exactly

Basil

Yup, the single picture would be great! Cool fish!
They are! Yes, I thought about that after the fact lol! How’s this one?

C42DB472-7005-405F-BFFA-BF56096C13A6.jpeg

JLAquatics

Female koi betta
Between $25-30 I can’t remember exactly

Female Koi Betta Card.jpg
They are! Yes, I thought about that after the fact lol! How’s this one?

Dwarf Chain Loach.jpg

Note to all, I may start adding some basic care info to go with the cards, but for now I will just be making the cards. Image quality is also reduced when posting on here for some reason, so keep that in mind as well. Keep the images coming, I would love to make more of these. :)

attheworld

Zebra nerite snail! Paid $6 CAD. :) I thought this was a cool photo since in the reflection you can see the underside of the snail too!

clementine on wall.jpeg
FYI, a potential issue - different currencies. $6 CAD is $4.83 USD, for example.

JLAquatics

Zebra nerite snail! Paid $6 CAD. :) I thought this was a cool photo since in the reflection you can see the underside of the snail too!
FYI, a potential issue - different currencies. $6 CAD is $4.83 USD, for example.
Cool Picture indeed! I made sure to get the reflection in the final image too. :)

Zebra Nerite Snail.jpg

SouthAmericanCichlids

Thoracocharax stellatus, the spotfin hatchetfish, 3 dollars each:

Spotfin Hatchetfish.png

Pterophyllum scalare, angelfish, 12 dollars each:

IMG_20200708_190525 (3).jpg

JLAquatics

Thoracocharax stellatus, the spotfin hatchetfish, 3 dollars each:

Spotfin Hatchetfish.png

Pterophyllum scalare, angelfish, 12 dollars each:

IMG_20200708_190525 (3).jpg
Cool pics! Do you remember how much you paid for the Angel and Hachetfish?

SouthAmericanCichlids

Cool pics! Do you remember how much you paid for the Angel and Hachetfish?
Yeah, I just remembered right before you posted an edited it lol.

JLAquatics

Yeah, I just remembered right before you posted an edited it lol.

Spotfin Hatchetfish.jpg

Freshwater Angel.jpg

I really like how the Hatchetfish turned out! Thank you for sharing! :)

Basil

I can do a couple more if you like. :)

JLAquatics

I can do a couple more if you like. :)
Sure thing! I will do a few more tonight, then we can do some more tomorrow. I eventually want to have a dictionary of members fishes in the form of these cards, I think that would be pretty cool. :)

SouthAmericanCichlids

I'll get some plant pictures!

Basil

Puntius tetrazona Platinum green tiger barb. Umm, $5, I think.

7F16435C-B588-485A-8CA6-90FC73180724.jpeg

Botia dario. Queen loach. $8

B360EB3B-79E5-4449-A3AE-C53F6BAAC300.jpeg

JLAquatics

Here is another one of mine to share, gotta have a Cherry Shrimp card around. ;)

Red Cherry Shrimp.jpg
Puntius tetrazona Platinum green tiger barb. Umm, $5, I think.
Botia dario. Queen loach. $8
Done and Done! I Love that Barb of yours!

Platinum Green Tiger Barb.jpg

Queen Loach.jpg

SouthAmericanCichlids

Should we also do algae flashcards. That would be interesting, definitely in terms of cost lol. To planted tank people it's their will to live.

P.s.: Just found a glob of plants outside my tank dried out and realized it was the majority of my java moss, all of my buce, and all my anubias nana petite. My hatchet got a scuff and I was treating the fungus with salt and removed the plants. And I was going to move them to my 55g, but then forgot afterwards. :( They are nw in a little tub with a spare light, I hope they recover, but they were completely dried out for a few days.

JLAquatics

Should we also do algae flashcards. That would be interesting, definitely in terms of cost lol. To planted tank people it's their will to live.
Loke Bladder Snails or Ramshorn snails, featuring algae would be interesting indeed. They would probably get their own color though. I am thinking red or pink for free and unintentional members of an aquarium.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Yeah, this would be a cool project for everyone on the Fishlore place. You make the cards and everyone could do like care for the other side, and it could also include like hydra and stuff like that, possibly even ich.

I don't know, I don't want to take over your idea. Just throwing out ideas.

JLAquatics

Yeah, this would be a cool project for everyone on the Fishlore place. You make the cards and everyone could do like care for the other side, and it could also include like hydra and stuff like that, possibly even ich.

I don't know, I don't want to take over your idea. Just throwing out ideas.
They could be dubbed "Fishlore Aquarium Cards"
For fish ID, plant ID, pest ID, disease ID and more! For now, I will continue working on making some cards each day. We will stick with fish and inverts and then progress to plants and then finally, pest and disease cards.

attheworld

Excited for when we progress to plants... :D

SouthAmericanCichlids

Well, I'll do my hydrocotyle and my lemons.

My Hydrocotyle tripartita, common name is Hydrocotyle Japan, which is currently being grown above the water, cost was 9 dollars, sorry I didn't see you didn't want to do plants yet, we can just save this for later:

20210630_213700.jpg

My lemon tetras, scientific name is Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis, they cost me 2.29 each:

IMG_20210505_213454_2.jpg

And my female guppy, it might be good to have a separate one for male, I might have a pic of one, I got rid of them all but this one, scientific name Poecilia reticulata, cost me nothing because I bred her and her parents, and their parents, but the original I got was 2.29 dollars:

IMG_20210505_213454 (2).jpg

JLAquatics

Well, I'll do my hydrocotyle and my lemons.

My Hydrocotyle tripartita, common name is Hydrocotyle Japan, which is currently being grown above the water, cost was 9 dollars, sorry I didn't see you didn't want to do plants yet, we can just save this for later:

20210630_213700.jpg

My lemon tetras, scientific name is Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis, they cost me 2.29 each:

IMG_20210505_213454_2.jpg

And my female guppy, it might be good to have a separate one for male, I might have a pic of one, I got rid of them all but this one, scientific name Poecilia reticulata, cost me nothing because I bred her and her parents, and their parents, but the original I got was 2.29 dollars:

IMG_20210505_213454 (2).jpg
I will begin working on these tomorrow! Thank you for sharing more! I will also post more of my fish as well when I get home from work as well, this has become a very fun Fishlore project indeed. :)

SouthAmericanCichlids

They could be dubbed "Fishlore Aquarium Cards"
For fish ID, plant ID, pest ID, disease ID and more! For now, I will continue working on making some cards each day. We will stick with fish and inverts and then progress to plants and then finally, pest and disease cards.
Maybe it could get posted as an article for people to use.

Possible edit for later, the hatchet is also known by the genus: Gasteropelecus. I don't know how you'll address synonyms, maybe that would be on the other side of the flashcards. As there are a lot, like the chinese paradise fish is known both as ocellatus and chinensis for its species. And many others have this too.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I don't know if you forgot about this. Also, don't feel obligated whatsoever, do this whenever you want to, or don't do it! I just wasn't sure if you forgot.

JLAquatics

To be
I don't know if you forgot about this. Also, don't feel obligated whatsoever, do this whenever you want to, or don't do it! I just wasn't sure if you forgot.
To be completely honest with you, I did forget about this thread. Don't worry though, I will be updating this thread soon with more cards once I have more downtime. I bookmarked it so I don't forget about it again. :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Fishfriendof315
Replies
Views
Vishaquatics
Replies
Views
KingJade
Replies